Alone all the time

Wow I didn’t know their was such a community out there for this sort of thing. Thank you for posting this video for me. It means the world

Therapy takes time to be effective, and talk therapy or CBT don’t always work. It wasn’t effective for me until I started seeing my current therapist, who used Jedi mind tricks to disassociate some of the bad memories. go to emdria.org and find a counselor close by. EMDR sounds hokey, but it’s helped me work through the most hurtful parts of my life, and brought me back to things I didn’t even associate with the pain I was feeling.

Therapists told me this for years, and I was never able to internalize it until my life turned a corner and my depression lessened, but the negative feelings you have toward yourself aren’t real. They’re like ghosts, scary but not real. Your circumstances are real, and your feelings about them are valid, but your circumstances don’t define you. They don’t make you worthless or not good enough.

As for God, I never stopped believing in Him, I believed He was just observing me like a lab rat and watching me fall on my face. And in hindsight I think He was, but He was waiting for me to quit beating my head against a wall and open myself up. Listen carefully to “Again” by Flyleaf. It’s a beautiful song about how God still loves you when you’re at your lowest.

1 Like

Thanks for that brother! I actually have heard of edmr. From what I know it’s supposed to help ptsd symptoms, traumatic experiences. Has it helped you??

It did more for me in the first 3 months than the previous 6 years of therapy had done collectively. The first session also brought memories of my feelings all the way back to 4th grade. I was floored.

Hey @Jayb1rd,

I feel this so much. I think a lot about how much easier it would be if I weren’t here and how much I would love for the pain to end. But the pain is a feeling and as long as I feel, I am alive. My heart is still beating and I’m still breathing. Let the pain remind you you are alive and while you’re alive there is still time to be human. To experience life in all the ways it is joyful and hurtful and full of love and heartbreak - there’s still time.

Hold Fast,
-SJ

1 Like