Alone outside in the dark

I’ve had the idea of walking around in the dark for a while now and finally did it.

I was alone, but not in a sad or hollow way, but alone in the sense that it was refreshing. It’s difficult to describe. Maybe freedom in a way? Because all the grass, trees, plants, and animals are alive and they work together complexly. That makes me seem minute since I’m only one. It was peaceful. I wasn’t thinking about anything. I was only walking around and breathing. I hope I can do this again sometime.

A leaf that was oddly soggy feeling.

3 Likes

I do that every night. I call it my “walking meditation.” Sometimes, I stop in here and look at the postings, then I can think about them while I am walking. However, I also spend a bit of time to allow my thoughts to become as quiet as possible. For me, quieting my thoughts allows my intuition to be more clearly understood. I encounter opossums, skunks, raccoons, armadillos, and no small number of very talkative owls.

There is a hiking trail two blocks away, but there needs to be some moonlight in order to see the path. It’s just not the same if you have to use a flashlight.

I’ve been doing night walks for 15 years. I hope I’ll never need to stop.

Just make sure that wherever you are walking, it’s safe.

1 Like