Am I letting it win?

I just got off the phone with a tms consultant to see if it can help my depression but it would take 9 weeks and I’d be away from home for that time and it would be daily treatment and just my anxiety and everything else in my head is telling to not do it to just live with my depression am I letting it win at this point

5 Likes

Hi Derpplup, I think it’s pretty cool that you’re looking into ways to help your depression. I don’t know a whole lot about TMS, but it sounds like a good thing to try. I would probably do more research if you haven’t, to really see if it’s something you want to try. Being away from home for 9 weeks might be nice because you can get away from all the stresses there and focus on yourself. That might be exactly what you need. Let us know what you decide and take care! ~Mystrose

1 Like

Hey Friend, good to hear from you, this offer that you have had makes me so happy for you, obviously its a decision on you can make but to have struggled for the time you have and to have had all the issues you have had at home although its scary because lets face is change and new things are frightening to start with, what an opportunity for you to have some peace away from home AND get some help that could make a massive difference to your future. You asked if you are letting your depression win if you dont do it and my answer would be yes I think so. So I wish you so much luck and I truly hope you go for it. Much Love Lisa x

1 Like

Thank you for sharing. 9 weeks seems like a while to be away from home, especially if one has other responsibilities…but if the treatment works, then it may help you handle those responsibilities even more efficiently! I would do a great deal of research before making a decision. Please know that so long as you’re standing, your depression has Not won.

1 Like

it’s understandable that you’re feeling nervous, wary or even scared about this. It’s something new to you. Have you been able to talk to your dr or therapist about it in more detail? Have you been given a bit of information about what is to be expected and given a chance to ask questions and voice your concerns? It might help you with what decision you want to make.

I know its easy to look form the outside and say “yes” to taking this opportunity if it might help you, but I also understand that it’s not always easy to do that. What is it in your mind that is creating doubt for you? Is it fear of what will happen? Is it fear of who will look after your family? Is the opportunity to do this and start healing something you feel like you deserve?

you have our love and support, friend. we would love to see you thrive and if that is taking this step into the unknown, we are all here to take that journey with you x

1 Like

hi friend,

thank you for sharing this latest treatment plan with your heartsupport community. that’s a tough decision for you to make because the pros and cons are on each side. you are in control of this decision though so as long as you feel like the choice you make is the best one for yourself and current circumstances, your depression is not winning over you. it’s an amazing step forward for you to have reached out to a tms consultant btw. have you expressed your concern on how long the treatment plan is; maybe they have an alternative solution or game plan? wishing you so much luck in this journey you’re on to find the support you deserve. you got this, derpplup. i believe in you always.

love,
twix

Hey there, Derpplup! I understand how scary it can be to try something like this. Not only is it a new thing that you don’t know will work but that’s a long time to be away from the life you know. But sometimes doing the thing that scares us can be really helpful in and of itself. Just going out there and taking a chance on something. Who knows you may enjoy the time away from home and that itself may help you feel better. And the TMS might really help too.

I think that you should do you feel is best for you but I think that you should definitely consider it and think honestly about what will be best for you and not take anyone else into account with this decision. At least not initially. This is about your life and your health and I hope that you find the answer that your heart says is the correct path and I hope that it works out for you. Good luck and please let us know what happens :hrtlegolove:

1 Like

Hey Derpplup,

It looks like this is a pretty big decision in front of you. So it’s very, very understandable that you are feeling anxious about it! It would be a long period away from your home and family. I know your living situation causes you stress, so maybe a break would be good for you? In any case, please don’t feel like you just have to live with your depression, or that you are letting it win. How ever you choose, you are working for what you feel is best. I wish you the best of luck in the coming days.

1 Like

derpplup, this sounds like a big decision to make. I can understand the anxiety that would go with making this decision considering the amount of time you would be away from home. Is the time away from home worth the result you would get from the treatment? If I remember, you have been doing a lot of care giving at home. How are you doing after all that? Is it perhaps time to focus on you and your health and recovery? It’s truly a big decision and only you can make it. Take the time to research, perhaps do a pro / con analysis and make your decision that way. It may help calm your anxiety. And please let us know what you decide. You deserve to feel better and no your depression doesn’t need to win. Either way - please take care of you. You matter

1 Like