Am I wrong for being upset

From sammmy2000: So my mom is talking about the food she’s making and I go i wanna make a salad then she said you been saying that for the last few weeks (which I had) and when I ask them she tells we don’t have something to make it… then she goes that the little chat i had with my cousins they were mocking me and I was silly and how I should’ve not told my grandparents that I want them to taste the salad… i felt like she slapped me. Am I wrong for being angry

2 Likes

I don’t think you should ever feel guilty about the feelings you have. If you feel angry about something it okay to feel angry about it. Did you express to them that it was making you feel bad? Maybe they did not know that it was making you feel bad, and were just trying to make a joke not knowing it was effecting you this way.

From sammmy2000: “So I got sick, and I didn’t have much energy to do anything. I was lying on a couch, half asleep, when I overheard my mom say, ‘Of course he’s just lying there and not doing anything. It’s because of the mess he has in his room and the coffee machine he bought.’ Then she went on about how I dropped out once from a major they wanted me to pursue, and now they think I want to drop out again because I want to complain about the teacher not telling me where to work and how I’m tired of this teacher. It’s crazy how she thinks it’s okay to talk about her own child like that. I’m deeply hurt."