Angry/GAD Issues

Hello Everyone,

The last few months have been nothing but angry issues. I have GAD (Generalized Anxiety Disorder) and trying to get myself out of it, but I get to the point where I get angry at myself. I sometimes calm myself down but sometimes I either start yelling or cursing at everyone. Since I’ve been diagnosed with GAD, I just feel like every day is a struggle. When I talk to some of my friends about it, it feels like they are no help at all. I sometimes can’t even stay in a conversation, and I feel bad about it. I have been on Anti-Depressed/Anxiety pills but I stopped taking those cause they gave me really bad mood swings. I’ve been in therapy but it has not helped. I feel like I’m losing my mind every day and scared that I’m going to hurt myself. I don’t know what to do.

2 Likes

Man, it can be such a brutal place to know what’s the matter but feel like you can’t meaningfully move the needle on it…it’s breeding ground for self-hatred, for anger…I can relate in so many ways to this…it’s like – what the hell is wrong with me? But often times the anger isn’t something that’s so coherent as to “name” what’s actually wrong…it’s just this anger that wants to explode like a volcano and swallow everything around you…you can’t fix what’s inside, so you want to break everything outside…

You’re not crazy. You’re not alone.

1 Like

try yoga and or meditation. It has helped me SO much

1 Like

One thing that has always helped me is getting it out, in some way. Working out, writing it down, talking out loud to myself. It helps ground you that what is real, what is happening, and lets you make a plan to make it through. You got this!

1 Like

Life is really hard when we’re hard on ourselves. Mindfulness has helped me become more aware of myself so I can respond better and more consciously. You are not alone. Sending a hug.

1 Like

2 Likes