Anxiety from Plan B (mentions of intercourse, etc)

The title says a lot. Honestly I wasn’t expecting to make this post after my last one. I have been self destructing for the past few days and me and my boyfriend were getting risky by making jokes. For just the moment, I thought it would be okay to try putting it in, just so I could feel something. We were in the moment and I had barely scratched the surface of knowing what exactly could cause pregnancy. Ejaculation did not happen, and before worrying about it was insanely convinced you couldn’t get pregnant just from putting the tip a little bit inside. Lord I was wrong.

Due to anxiety I had bought Plan B on a whim, luckily I have a very supporting older sister who had took it before and I have been relying on her. I took the pill just hours later and followed all of the instructions, etcetera etcetera. I’ve had the usual side effects but extreme anxiety. Honestly, the thing that bothers me the most is that you’ll never really know the results until a few weeks later, or everything that the internet has been telling me. Especially since the side effects of Plan B are similar to the side effects of pregnancy. There’s been so many terrible stories of it failing and as a minor I’m not mentally ready for facing this kind of reality (god damn self destructing).

I know there is nothing else to do but wait, and it has only been a day since it happened, yet I’ve been on an extreme high from it. I feel so bad for my parents, and I’m almost obligated to tell her everything that happened because in reality this is my fault, and I have to face the consequences.

I know if I probably tell her I will never be able to hang out with my boyfriend ever again. But maybe that would be for the better after seeing what risky decisions I can make due to my mental health.

All I need is a fresh eye on this topic, especially my situation in specific. Some questions here, how do I stop being anxious after taking Plan B? Should I tell my mom about what happened and risk never hanging out with my boyfriend again? And really, what are my possibilities of getting pregnant?, because I know they are not zero.

1 Like

Okay, so the anxiety is a side effect from taking Plan B because of the hormones in the pill and it takes a few days to sort itself out. It sounds like you know that what you did was risky and that can also be adding another level of stress. It can be very hard to fight your brain when you’re feeling anxious, but there are things you can do to help yourself. A relaxing herbal tea, a bubble bath, or reading a favorite book. Doing something you enjoy that helps you to relax can make a difference. There is a 1 to 2% chance of pregnancy, but if you followed the instructions you should be okay. Speaking as a parent myself, I think you should talk to your mom. I know there is anxiety there worrying about her being upset and not seeing your boyfriend again. However, most parents love their child and want them to be okay and will help them if they need help. It will be a tough conversation, but being honest with your mom will give her the information she needs to help you through it, figure out what your options are, and allow her to be there for you.