Anyone here?

Hi friends…
I’m not sure what I’m about to be sharing here, but I guess I’ll start typing what’s on my mind.

I’ve been feeling rather alone and longing for someone to talk and hang out to irl. I love this community here, but these last days I was just desperately longing for a person I can sit with and be in the same room with and can just share what’s going on.
Even my therapist I only “see” online, and I love that, but it makes it so hard right now.

My friends are supportive, but I’m not complaining honest with them.
My best friend just got into a new relationship and I want to give them space. My mentor is busy and I don’t want to be all up in her face. My other friends are busy with university and exams.
I’m feeling so alone and like I’ll have a breakdown soon.

1 Like

Hey @fiji,

We all need social interactions at different moments, whether we’re comfortable with it or not. And you’re right. Even if we have the chance to have access to some tools like Internet and online services, sometimes we need more than this.

I am so sorry you’re feeling isolated tonight. And for what it’s worth, I want you to know that my DMs will always be open for you.

I understand the fact that you don’t want to bother anyone or think they’re too busy. But when you think like this, you also prevent them to be here for you. It’s difficult to ask for help or a shoulder to rest on. But when people sincerely care, they’ll always be able to take some time for you. I know it feels risky and uncomfortable to do that. But somehow it’s also unfair to cancel the possibility for them to be there for you if they want to. It’s okay if you don’t know what to say or how to express your feelings. You can ask for someone to be here, next to you, even if it implies to sit in silence.

It sounds that you have people there in your life but communication isn’t working as you wish for the moment. Well, this is definitely something you can learn to work on. Maybe you could try to talk about this to your therapist so you can think about new ways to aporoach it. You are not alone and you are not stuck in this situation.

Hold fast. :heart:

1 Like

He @fiji I am here for you and we are here for you do me anytime both of you

1 Like

Thank you. I really appreciate it

Thank you!
It feels like everyone around me is doing stuff all the time and don’t have time for me.

1 Like