As a recent divorcee i lean on music and can find

This is a topic from YOUTUBE. Reply as normal, and we will post it to the user on YouTube.

Belongs to: Therapist reacts to Slipknot "The Devil In I"
As a recent divorcee I lean on music and can find 736 songs for my 736 feelings I have each day. Smiling depression is a real thing as you said, “as we’re too afraid to let anyone see it because it makes us look bad” hits deep

2 Likes

I’m the exact same way.

Sometimes it’s hard to put on that facade because you don’t want people to know how you’re feeling and it can get mentally exhausting. But music is always that escape that can resonate with you in every way possible.

1 Like

Thank you for sharing

I was depressed for couples of years i started young on my teens at the time i didn’t understand why i was so sad in the inside but happy at the outside. I came to a realization after losing my grandfather i was only 9 years old but really hit at 14. It was manage being young i was able to do things life.

In 2016 that when my dark side came into place i lost 2 people in my life i couldnt bare of breathing or living, i always had to be pretend of course I didnt wanted anyone to know I was depressed, i usually distant myself from everyone that how I handle and also other process I had to work mentally.

Have a happy new year
May god bless you health and happiness.

Love

Daisy

Hi Friend, it truly saddens me that anyone still has to be concerned about how they look to others when you feel depressed and I am sorry that you feel the need to smile your way through when it is the last thing you probably feel like doing. Divorce is hard, its bloody hard and you are entitled to all the emotions and feelings that go with it, of course everyone wants you to be ok but the reality is that it hurts and I hope that you know that being here at heartsupport there is no pretence, no judgement, you will be heard and supported.
I am pleased that music helps you through too, I found a couple of albums that helped me during a break up a number of years ago… songs I would cry through, now make me smile when I hear them.
Feel free to keep in touch with us. Much Love Lisa. x

I can wholeheartedly relate to what you shared about music and smiling depression. Somehow, even when you know that it’s okay to reach out and safe to share how you feel, there can still be many barriers within that prevent you to do it. All of these thoughts made of self-guilt and blame that drive you to hide behind a mask, to keep up appearances as possible, because it’s awfully intimidating to feel seen - not as you want to be, but as you truly are. There’s something about hiding your very own vulnerability that feels safer, even though it costs so much energy and feels so vey isolating at the same time.

I’m sorry you’ve been struggling with this inner division lately between how you feel within and what others get to see. It is amazing that you are mentioning it here though, and somehow opening that door towards how you feel, towards YOU. You absolutely deserve to have the possibility to be yourself unapologetically, to say “I need support” without any sense of guilt or shame. At the end of the day, we’re all human beings trying to figure out how to navigate through this crazy thing called life. It’s okay to not to be okay, and it’s okay to say it. Not everyone will hear it or understand your experiences accurately, but there are people out there - and out here - who understand the depth of your struggles and will never judge you for going through a rough time. You matter, friend. :heart:

It’s one of the many archetypes in your unconscious mind, much like the persona archetype (the different masks we wear) to hide our undesirable traits from others. By doing this, we tend to project our own faults on others unconsciously because we recognize those traits within us. As she stated, integrating this part about yourself into your consciousness will help with the negative psychological symptoms.

1 Like