As a recovering addict ive experienced this being

This is a topic from YOUTUBE. Reply as normal, and we will post it to the user on YouTube.

Belongs to: https://forum.heartsupport.com/t/57320
As a recovering addict, I’ve experienced this. Being told I need NA, I have to go to rehab to get better, without religion I’ll never heal. Most times these suggestions were coming from a place of love, but other times it was more about them and what worked for them must work for everyone. I had to do it my way and I’m now 19 months clean. This video really speaks to me. Music was a large part of healing, especially Slipknot. The album Iowa specifically. :metal:

2 Likes

Congrats on 19 months of sobriety!

1 Like

It’s almost like they’re trying to replace one addiction for another. :cry:

I congratulate you on doing it your way.:heart:

Well done, keep it up, just over a year myself and at 43 I didn’t think that getting my life back was ever going to be possible but here we both are, stay metal :metal::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::metal:

Hi there,

thats so great! 19 months of sobreity is amazing, it’s really hard to come off of something that you were addicted, and the fact you managed to get passed the withdrawls shows just how truely strong you are. You’re doing so good, please, keep on this path, and don’t stop Believin’ in yourself.

Much love, Shadow<3

Hey, Thanks for reaching out!

There’s no guarantee that what works for one person will work for everyone and I’m great that you found a way that works for you.

I can’t imagine how difficult it was to do and I applaud you for it. And it’s nice to know that you have people around you who care about you and it’s great to hear that music helped you in the way that it has.

I’m proud of you and congrats on being 19 months clean<3

Cat187

Thank you for sharing this incredible accomplishment for us! 19 months is incredible and I’m so proud of you for getting to this place! I’m also so glad that you found power in music and that Slipknot was inspiring to you!

From Alisha: Congratulations on your 19 months of sobriety! It’s truly inspiring that you found your own path to recovery and healing. Everyone’s journey is unique, and it’s important to recognize that what works for one person may not work for another. It’s great to hear that music, especially Slipknot’s “Iowa” album, played a significant role in your healing process. Music has a powerful impact on emotions and can provide a source of comfort and strength during challenging times. Recovery is a personal journey, and finding methods that resonate with you is crucial.

Hello there!
Firstly, congratulations on 19 months of sobriety! That’s quite a large milestone, and it definitely would have required quite a bit of willpower and courage from your side.

I’m also glad that you were able to navigate your recovery journey in a way that worked well for you, particularly through Slipknot’s music. I’m proud that you made it this far, and I hope everything continues to work out for you :heart:

Hello!
First of all, I’m so extremely proud of you being clean for so long, it’s a really hard process and you have successfully done it for 19 monthsss!!! It feels like you get tired of people’s constant comments and thoughts about the way that you cope and that is very understandable, everyone gets through things differently and you have found a way that works for you. I want you to know that everyone’s experience is different and thereby every path to sobriety is different. If you have found a way, which it seems you have, just continue and prove that you have your own ways. Once again I’m incredibly proud of you for how far you’ve come!
//Uncoiledsun

1 Like

Congrats on 19 months keep up the great work keep doing what works best for you

10 years. AA/NA did shit for me except 1) rub the lifestyle in my face 2) rub religion in my face and 3) constantly put me around ppl who wanna skip out and get high.

Congrats on ur 19 month sobriety! I’m also a recovering addict. Nothing or no one could help me fight my addictions. The only way I was able to defeat my demons was by facing them myself and refusing to let them have the remaining years of my life. I have listened to Slipknot since 1999 and now listening to them with a sober mind I realize just how therapeutic their music really can be. I’ve been completely sober now for 29 months and never going back

@@jeremylong7533 congratulations on your sobriety as well. Keep up the great work and it’s awesome that you’re doing it your way. Stay strong my friend :metal:

1 Like