Be the person you needed

Be the woman or man YOU needed as a girl or boy. I don’t know who needs this today, but I know I do.

I’ve been struggling lately. Depression/Anxiety has got a hold of me. And some days…it is so hard to shake it. But I keep pushing through, and I hope you do the same as well.

Be kind to yourself and don’t let yourself overthink. Push negatives thoughts away. You are worthy, you are enough.

Do something that makes YOU happy today. Don’t let the depression win. Love you all!

4 Likes

lostchandelier,

Thank you for the reminder today! I recently had a counseling session where I re-encountered my 4 year old self and realized that my 4 year old self was afraid of how harsh I am to him. It was a tender encounter to realize that I am not kind to myself…and to realize that I genuinely want to be, and that I have the ability to do that…it was a sweet moment, and this is a good reminder. Today I accept the effort I put in, and I trust my heart is good!

I also hear that things have been tough lately for you…that it’s been easy to feel swallowed by life and the darkness therein, and to feel like there’s no way out…and you’re fighting to hold onto the light, and you’re realizing you have more strength than the darkness wants you to believe, and I think that’s beautiful!

Thanks for the encouragement and example.
-Nate

1 Like

Nate,

Your response brought tears to my eyes. Thank you for sharing!

I made a promise this year that I would remember to be kind to myself and know that I am fearfully and wonderfully made. The darkness definitely loves to creep in a lot and steal my joy. Been trying my best to fight it!

1 Like

You’re doing a great job – you are in the fight!! You probably already know this quote, but I like to be reminded of it from time to time because it reminds me I am winning by continuing to show up:

It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.

1 Like

This is so good! Nate, thank you for the encouragement. I’ll be adding this quote to my wall of reminders that help me stay focused every day.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.