Beartoothband-having-quit-my-job-i-need-to-find-so - 2131

This is a topic from TWITTER. Reply as normal, and we will post it to the user on TWITTER.

Belongs to: Is there a change that you want make but you’re scared?
@BEARTOOTHband Having quit my job I need to find something new. Having done the same job for years it’s both scary to move in a different direction, and scary to do the same thing somewhere else for fear it will be as bad. And it’s scary just to make the choice between those two options.

1 Like

Hi Friend, any change is scary isnt it and to add to that you have to make a choice about the unknown, well thats even more frightening. If its of any help to you at all, the way I tend to look at these situations is to think about the worst case scenario of each and how I would be prepared for that. If you consider the worst (which hopefully would never happen) you will have no nasty shocks. Of course you could always look at it as a wonderful exciting new journey and whatever happens its meant to be and this was meant to be your life… I don’t know how real that one is but I guess some people believe that. Take a little time to really think about what you want to do and what you are able to do and I like to think you will know when it feels right.
I would love you to keep in touch with us and let us know how you are getting on. Many thanks lisa. x

Yes, making a shift in your career and job position can be incredibly scary. As you have been used to be at the same jog for a significant time, your habits and foundations are now moving. It makes sense to feel all of these fears while you are navigating such important transition. The stability you were having is traded for something that is unknown, which raises so many questions at the same time. It feels as if the ground under your feet was moving and you are trying to find something strong and stable to hold on to. Your mind naturally seek answers, although in the midst of transitions like these they may have yet to come. Somehow, there is a part of acceptance in the process – that answers are not there for now. Reminding ourselves this “for now” can be comforting at times, and open the door to more possibilities.

If you had to quit a job where you were not fulfilled, then well done for making a decision that leans towards recognizing the importance of your well-being. It may be a difficult path at first but to rebuilt the foundations that you had, but it will be such a pleasant and satisfying view when you’ll see that the new ones are much better for you. With the fear of a new job being as bad as before, you can remind yourself that you have the experience of this previous job already, and because of it you have identified things you do not want anymore, which is huge. This can influence the way you interact/the questions you may ask during job interviews. It may be challenging and difficult at first because job searching is a difficult task in itself, but this is likely to be a well and worth-it journey for you. You got this, friend.