A fever suffocates the guilty mind
Flowers powdered, dry teeth grind

Belladonna veiled by jasmine
A sweet tasting dangerous reaction
Silent suffering from symptoms unseen
Literally precious pink petals glistening

Delirium convulses with dilated pupils
A fatal end and unapproved removal

Belladomine = belladonna and jasmine. Belladonna is toxic while jasmine is medicinal.

More crappy and messy art from me.

1 Like

Hii wren_wyn,

Thank you for sharing your creativity with us. I actually quite enjoyed reading your poem!! I also don’t think the drawing was crappy, and yes I mean that, lol! It is definitely better than anything I could ever draw. And I think the messiness pairs well with the piece you shared. I can sense and see the duality in the drawing - the toxic traits and the beautiful traits and how they combine and come together to make Belladomine (that’s what I see anyhow).

I really liked the first 2 lines and how repeated them later on as well. I think those lines are so powerful because often times that is the experience isn’t it. Toxicity masked/covered by medicine (good things), and by the time we realize, it’s too late and the damage has already started. Literal wolf in sheep’s clothing if you will. I also found it interesting that the combination of the names Belladonna and Jasmine was not a 50/50 split. I noticed that Belladonna makes up majority of the name (Belladomine) which kinda foreshadows that there is more toxicity (harm) present than medicine (good).

Overall, art can be interpreted in so many ways, and this is just my interpretation of your work! I appreciate you sharing again! And keep it up! :white_heart:

1 Like