BMTH - Can You Feel My Heart - Therapist Reacts

Great channel - random YT pop up!
I help a UK charity @andysmanclub who aim to reduce suicide rates in men through talking, music often comes up in discussions and is a vital part of getting through those days when everything can seem impossible #itsokaytotalk

1 Like

It’s funny, I had some random thoughts just the other day about how I used to LOVE being alone, because I was able to find happiness doing my things without anyone else to please, but as years went by, I feel that nothing that used to fill that void is quite working anymore, but it’s too late because I’m too afraid to get close to people, so, yeah, this song among others describes exactly how I’ve feeling for the last decade or so. Great reaction and I have a suggestion: react to Home, by Three Days Grace.

1 Like

I haven’t have any suicidal thoughts. But sometimes being alone SOOO LONG, this just gives some power in some days. It is just best to just drive my car and scream my lungs empty so my throat hurts. I’m scared to get close but I hate being alone. All that part hits me HARD! I was broke in pieces because of my ex. I tried alcohol to get my demons away, but they could swim in it and was there ALL the time and came back specially after it in hangover

1 Like

I had a bad relationship with a girl I broke up with. One time a couple months after we broke up, I was coming home from a party we had both attended since we had the same friends.

She was depressed and always had been as long as I had known her and I broke up with her when I realised our relationship was making me depressed.

And she just walks out Into traffic. I litteraly saved her life by dragging her back. Scared the hell out of me.

I shouted at her. She just looked at me and said she didn’t care if she got hit. I lost my shit. I mean realy lost it.

I don’t know why but it just made me angry. I grabbed her and shook her, screaming “Are you scared!” Over and over. She was scared and she eventually said so. And I said “why.” She just said “because I thought you were going to throw into the road.” So I asked “why was that scary if you want to die so bad.”

She didn’t realy have an answer so I told her that the fear was some part of her that clearly wanted to live and that she should probably listen to that.

I then told her that fear. Is that something in us that wants to live. And that as long as she had fear she had a reason to live. I told her the time she wasn’t scared of anything was the time she was ready to die.
I didn’t speak to her much after that. But she’s doing well from what I hear.

I’m not proud of what I did but it sticks in my brain.

you need to listen to HOSTPITAL FOR SOULS of this same album

“I can’t drown my demons, they know how to swim” is the line i got tattoed on my forearm because of this song. In my younger days, I did not really like myself as a person. I was constantly underestimating myself on daily basis. I did not value myself. I would say i hated myself in a way. I hated the way i looked or spoke or whatever i was doing. But when i heard this song, it really resonated within me. I got the tattoo as a reminder of who I was back then, and to never doubt myself in a way I did before.

1 Like

Can you do either Hollow, Under The Knife or Supposed to Be by Icon For Hire, Please?

1 Like

What a band! Sempiternal probably the best metalcore album to ever exist

1 Like

The notion that this song is about deprived solitude is nonsense. There’s plenty of notions leaning towards lonliness and sadness within that realm so you have to understand that not every word is literal to the cause. Myunderstanding and taking of this is that we’re all alone in our own behaviours and only some people accept/understand our pains but we are not directly on our own. We’re naturally social creatures and we don’t even have to directly talk to each other to feel better. To end it all is that this song was never about lonliness or suicde, It’s simply about how we percieve oursevles to others and create our own boundries of lonliness though our own efforts but yet cry out inside “Can you feel my heart?”. You’re simply the prisoner to your own soul and desperately reach out to others for help even (not knowingly) when it won’t help. Self help is what you need and so you’re blinded by your desperation to fix your issues without internally identifying them. Always remember poeple, We’re all humans so we’re also all vulnerable triatically physically, mentally, and emotionally. Don’t stop learning about yourself, your weaknesses, your strengths, and the things that make you who you are. Never think negatively about yourself and just state into the mirror and realize that you’re an amazing individual with more potential than you’d ever give yourself credit for. But that’s enough rabbiting from me for now so I’ll give you all a farewell and a goodbye. Love you always. ~Soulcursed~

1 Like

Please tell me you’re going to listen to the Live at Royal Albert Hall version of Happy Song or Avalanche; BMTH, Parallax Orchestra, and Choir Noir absolutely killed it!

1 Like

BMTH was one of the first bands I’ve ever realy liked and influenced my music taste for some time before opening my ears to other musical genres.

1 Like

I think someone already told you but can you do Hospital for Souls from BMTH please, it’s one of the saddest songs and i love it and the lyrics are kinda crazy.

1 Like

As someone who survived a suicide attempt a few months ago, this song hits different for me now.

1 Like

You should also listen to Drown and Avalanche by Bring me The Horizon. Along with this one is the trifecta I always listen to when Im super sad

1 Like

Brilliant reaction :heart:, it hits deep

1 Like

I gotta hear drown by them that one is a super emotional song to!

1 Like

You should react to drown - live at the wembley stadium

1 Like

This is my favorite song ever

1 Like

Should react to hospital of souls or doomed

1 Like

I believe that it’s amazing this song has now become a symbol of greatness, overcoming and joy thanks to the gigachad meme (you can check the comment section of the song).
Whenever I hear it, I wanna step out of my current way to become better. And that’s good.

1 Like