BMTH - Can You Feel My Heart - Therapist Reacts

This topic represents a Youtube video that was created by Heartsupport and where users are invited to open up about their mental health struggles.

• → You can’t reply on this post. If you want to comment, check out Heartsupport on Youtube instead! Replies posted here are from users who commented on Youtube.
  • → When a Youtube user is in need of support, topics are created for them in this forum category, where you can encourage them.
1 Like

You are the absolut best! I love this Song because it is so on point! I’ve Listend to this Song a Million Times when i still struggled with selfharm. But now i am Almost a year clean and going into the mental health care field as a peer.
Keep up the good work, you always find the perfekt words!

Stay strong everyone!!

1 Like

BMTH is one of the best…

1 Like

so, long story here, but let’s do it. When I was 15, my dad’s doctor had discovered a cancerous growth in his abdomen, which ultimately spread and took his liver. He passed away later that year. He was my best friend, he introduced me to metal and always was open to talk to me no matter what it was about. My mother started dating immediately following his funeral (I have since learned that in her generation that widows redating/marrying is a common thing.), this shook me to my core, especially after I turned 16 and learned that both her and me would be moving in with him out of state. I left behind all of my friends, lost some of my belongings to make the move cheaper and easier to help my mom. It didn’t take long for this new man to begin to treat me badly, at first we had a quiet and awkward relationship, then it turned into an almost hatred towards me from him because of how I was raised by my father and did not know how to do “manly” things. 1 verbal turned physical fight left me with a broken nose and a new thing to be insecure about…my first suicide attempt. After the fight, I moved in with my grandmother and this is when I discovered bands like BMTH, Linkin Park, Motionless in White and Black Veil Brides. Their music changed me and for the first time ever in my life, I was told “you are not alone.”. I am now following my dream of being an author, raising funds through selling my belongings and have never been more passionate as I have found myself, my one dream is to meet those 4 bands and tell them personally “Thank you.”. I still struggle with what I call the “aftershocks” after you have found help a.k.a the never-ending battle of Depression and Anxiety. It is people such as those bands, your channel, other entertainers and kind people that I have met that keep me fighting for a better future and the right to say “I did it, thank you.” <3

1 Like

As someone with depression, autism, learning difficulties and more, music as well as Bring Me have helped me no end. To be seen, heard, talked about, sung about and the endless memes that more often than not give me answers as to why I am the way I am, it all helps. Just wish we knew what we know now back when I was in school in the 90’s, because it would have helped me no end.

1 Like

Avalanche, please! <3…

1 Like

It´s the Gigachad song :rofl:.

1 Like

very similar to this is currents. Night terrors, second skin, shattered, over and over, let me leave, kill the ache, better days, remember me, the death we seek, so alone, how i fall apart and then maybe the most depressing life//lost
“if i ignite it maybe death will finally save me… …please let me sleep”
“fade into the deepest depths, to the darkest black, until there’s nothing left”
“I’ve got these sick, sad thoughts and all they do is replay”
“Finally lost the will to fight let my whole life slip away”
“i scream, like it would stop the ache”
“with a smile on my face, i live to kill the ache”
“for better days we’ve waited for how long, how long?!”
“we’ve exercised the will of parasites”
“we’ve found the death we seek, torn apart at the dawn of suffering”
“when’s it gonna be the end of this”
“this is how, how i fall apart all alone with these nightmares in my head”

“some nights i wish i hit the tree so death could take me away and finally go to sleep”

1 Like

Good reaction!! I recommend reacting to Hospital for souls by bring me the horizon another masterpiece

1 Like

“I drank to drown my sorrows, but the damned things learned how to swim” - Frida Kahlo

1 Like

Have you heard BMTH with Sigrid song Bad Day? Would love your reaction as pure emotion and mental struggle but with hope

1 Like

Absolutely love that you don’tsit still while reacting but actually react

1 Like

The acoustic version of Drown by BMTH helped me get through one of my darkest periods about five years ago now. I was contemplating suicide almost on the daily. I highly recommend that as well if you need a song that makes you feel super understood as well.

1 Like

I love BMTH and the lyrics are so relatable of things I’ve felt and went through. Can you feel my heart and Drown are probably my two favorite songs. Lost is probably my favorite from their newest album.

Another song that was released this year that brought me to tears the first time I heard it was a symptom of being human by Shinedown. A lot has been going on for my family and myself and it made me feel heard and less alone. It’s a beautiful song.

1 Like

Bands like BMTH and Linkin Park saved me honestly. I felt like someone knew what I was going through and that was massive relief. BMTH live is something you have to experience once in your life

1 Like

BMTH has always been my favorite. But I went through a really hard year this year and I got to see them live…I cried three times during that show. It made me feel like I wasn’t alone and I’ll be ok. I’m actually getting a BMTH tattoo…drown I’d the song along with this song that really speak to me. I have horrible anxiety so they really pulled me through this year along with motionless in white.

1 Like

I miss old BMTH, saw them like 7 times during their peak. Last time I saw them was during the Sempiternal era.

1 Like

Please react to Make it Stop by Rise Against, I saw you did a video with Tim McIlrath talking about mental health. That song literally saved my life. Pura Vida from Costa Rica :metal:

1 Like

Hospital for souls is a must listen if this hits!!

1 Like

Kingslayer many of his songs are way to sinful of music lyrics of No performances skills!! Play ELEINE, the very same name of her European Swedish heavy medal band. She Plays a very :sunglasses: cool smooth heavy medal music lyrics of pure lovely perfection of total successful greatnesss of performance skills.:clap:

1 Like