Break in the mountains

Just came back from a four-day trip in the mountain side of Romania, and it was fun.

I went there with a few of my classmates and my former biology teacher, but also with some of her other students (all from highschool, ranging from 8-10 grade).

The first day was mostly us going to our booked hotel, it went pretty smoothly. I had my luggage with the essentials, and was able to adapt quickly to the mountain weather and terrain. Our place was in Piatra Neamț, but we also went other places.

The second day, we ate breakfast and got ready to visit Red Lake. It was pretty nice, if only it wasn’t so cold and raining. At least I got to take some pictures.

The third day was probably the most exciting for us all. We went to Mt. Ceahlău to take a five hour trekking tour to see a beautiful waterfall. Some had to leave early in the journey due to health problems, but I stayed. It was a pain having to walk through stones, dirt and tree roots for that long, but the tenth graders did make it more bearable, and we got along well despite seeing each other for the first time. We listened to music the whole way up, and saw the Duruitoarea Waterfall while we waited for the rest of the group. Once we took photos, the way down was more okay, since I got to use a branch as a make shift hiking stick.

And when we got back to the hotel, my knees hurt so much, I couldn’t even stand up. And even if a good night’s sleep helped, I now have to deal with the pain in the rest of my legs (and my back) instead.

The last day, we packed and got ready to leave. But not before going to the mall and going up the cable car and take more pictures. The rest of the ride, we listened to more music and even sung together. It was all very fun.

But with this week being green week, I’ll have to partake in a few more activities with my clasa before I get spring break. Tomorrow being thursday, I’ll be going on a one-day trip to the capital, which will probably be just as, if not more chaotic than this trip.

In general, I’d recommend going there if you want to go somewhere a little more underrated in Europe.

That’s all for today’s post.
Goodbye for now.

-cora

1 Like

Hi Cora,

Thank you for sharing about your trip! I’m glad you got to go! It sounds like an amazing place to visit!. That photo is beautiful!!! :star_struck:

I hope the soreness was worth the view and pictures! You made it through and that is an amazing accomplishment in my opinion (as a 5h trek is not something everyone can do). And something really beautiful came out of it!

I’m glad to hear that overall, despite the chaos, soreness, and weather, you had a fun time! I hope your day at the capital went well. And that you’ll be enjoying and relaxing from all of your festivities during your spring break. :grin:

1 Like

Hello again.

Sorry for not being able to reply earlier like I usually do. The reason why? Because this week was one of travel for me.

In the previous week alone (in chronological order), I stayed four days in the mountains, one entire day in Bucharest (Romania’s capital), and a short trip in the neighboring county. It was both great, and exhausting for me. I already said everything in the previous post, so I’ll wrap it up in here.

On thursday, we arrived in Bucharest, and waited in traffic for our guide. We had a tour around the place, mostly detailing about historical buildings and important sectors in the capital. We took a stop at the mall at noon to eat, and the went over at Cărturești Carusel (known as the most beautiful bookstore, possibly in the world). Although not as exciting as in the mountains, it was still enjoyable. The trip home was really late at night, and I even fell asleep a few times, to then be awaken by some of my classmates to tell me that something caught on fire on the road and now we need to redirect, which will cause a 2 hour delay (good ol’ pranks, y’know.)

Friday was pretty chill, I just got to recover from all the trips. But then saturday comes around and I went with my family in the nearby county for some fun (since they didn’t get to travel at all). We mostly went there to try out horse riding, which was really fun and showed how I’m a natural at this. Which FINALLY prompted my dad to consider letting me join the club (context from previous posts is needed).

Over all, it was a fun week. Chaotic, but fun nonetheless.
Anyways, have a nice spring this year.

-cora