Broke down

Feeling ashamed and terrible. Broke down and called and texted him but ive been blocked. The phone rings alot and eventually a message saying this users mailbox is full.

I feel super hurt …i shouldn’t have …i regret this choice immensely. Hopefully he doesn’t know that ive been calling and texting.

2 weeks of being strong enough to leave him alone down the drain…

I just want to let go and move on but its been extremely difficult

3 Likes

Hi @Lavendercrandberry,

I’m just going to try my best to understand the situation. There is one question that I wanted to ask, let me know if I’m wrong! Did you broke with your boyfriend ? I would be heartbroken too with your situation. You don’t know why the relationship failed. Also, you start to blame yourself. It’s totally normal to feel frustrated and sad after your broke up with your boyfriend. The whole world can totally relate to your post.

Sometimes relationships can either be successful or failure. You didn’t make any mistakes breaking up with him. I get why your boyfriend will block due to end of a relationship. He doesn’t love you anymore. You will never regret your decision in the future. There is someone out there one day to appreciate and loved who you are.

You did the best you can to maintain your relationship. Your boyfriend doesn’t care anymore. Sometimes you have to move on, you can’t be stuck in the past forever. I wish I can give you a hug. It must have been hard for you in the last 2 weeks. I hope you spend time to learn to love yourself.

I found some quotes online to help you feel better!

• “No relationship is ever a waste time. If if didn’t bring you what you want, it taught what you don’t want.”

• “It is better to break up than to let the relationship break you down.”

• “When someone leaves, it’s because someone else is about to arrive.”

Thank you for sharing your experience here.
It is heartbreaking when someone that you had wanted to be in a deeper relationship has essentially cut you off. It’s not just the relationship that you’re missing but also the hope of what that future could have been.
It’s normal to want to try to make things better or to get closure with the end of a relationship, but sometimes that isn’t possible. I know that this pain won’t last forever, but it can definitely last a long time. I hope that during this time of pain, you are able to find ways to use self-care to heal. When you’re ready, you’ll be able to make new connections and perhaps there will be someone new that can connect to you in the way you need.
Hold Fast.

1 Like

Hey friend,

Thank you for sharing your post. I went through your other posts to understand a bit more about what you’re going through and I just want to say that not only am I here for you, but the entire HeartSupport community is here for you and welcomes you with open arms.

With regard to this post, just know that you’re not alone in this type of experience. The feelings of shame, regret, and the inevitable self loathing associated with this kind of thing is hard to beat. Especially when you just want to know, want to be loved, etc.

I went through a really rough divorce in 2021/2022 that drove me to hitting my own rock bottom. It was unbelievably painful. After that experience, my ex and I started communicating again, which was such a silly thing as it just opened up very fresh and very deep wounds left from that person. I wanted to, I guess, understand at a subconscious level the motivation of the betrayal, but also fill a void that had opened up wide. All it did was bring on more pain, shame, etc.

There have been two other times where she reached out to me since then and both times I felt okay opening up to here as if nothing had happened, only for me to feel within a couple days like a complete idiot for doing so.

letting go is hard, especially when you have strong feelings for someone and for someone that you open up to and become vulnerable for.

Don’t beat yourself up about this one, though. It’s hard enough to go through this kind of thing without being your own worst enemy. In this sense, be your own best friend.

Yeah, you reached out and texted and called and found out you were blocked. Okay, now you know your answers. The question of possible red flags from your last post? Well, you have your answer to that. Does it feel good? No. Absolutely not.

You at least now have your answer to that and, in the grand scheme of things, have saved yourself from potentially even more painful experiences with this person. You could say that you’ve dodged a bullet with this one.

Since my divorce, it’s been hard to get back into dating as I’ve had an extreme fear of opening up to people. To putting my heart back out there. I thankfully have been surrounded by amazing people that I’ve met since then that’s convinced me to do this in a way that makes me feel safe.

While I had my heart locked up and wouldn’t let myself feel, I’ve realized, through these people, that all I was doing was limited my own life. I’ve been able to live with an open heart again, have become vulnerable and authentic on my own terms. Because of this, I’ve been able to find that part of me that I realized I haven’t let live since I was like 12 years old.

I’ve since been able to return to the “dating” world with a stronger sense of self and in the times I’ve been rejected since, while in the immediate aftermath stings, it doesn’t destroy me like it used to.

That said, It’s important to surround yourself with amazing people who have your best ineterests in mind. I know you have your own circumstances that may not enable that in the best of ways, so I want to invite you to join the HeartSupport Discord community. Maybe even join a SWAT group (I’m part of SWAT 5) Here’s a link to join if you are so inclined to do so (You should, we’re all super awesome :wink: )

also, here’s a really helpful article to help expand on a lot of what I’m trying to communicate:

Stay strong friend! we’re here for you!

1 Like

Hi @Lavendercrandberry,

Thank you for sharing and being vulnerable with us. Breakups are never easy, especially when you are resisting contact with that person. It’s not nice to feel neglected by others, but I want you to know you are not alone. There is no shame in caring for other people. It is completely normal for us to cave sometimes and reach out to people that we said we wouldn’t reach out to. Regardless of whether they answer or not, your reaching out just means you care and that you are human!

I was blocked by someone very close to me, and for the longest time, I was confused and didn’t understand why. As time has passed, I have come to terms with the fact that I tried my best to do the right thing in this situation, and that is all I can really do. No matter how hard we try, sometimes there is no way to understand why other people act in certain ways.

I want to encourage you to look at this situation from a new perspective when you are ready. I want you to be kind to yourself and see that you should never feel ashamed for the love and care you have for someone. This is a strength not all people possess.

You matter, and you have so much to offer. With some time and self-care, someone will come along who will never make you feel upset or ashamed like this. I would really encourage you to join our Heart Support Discord and be a part of our community. Everyone is welcome and appreciated.

We are always here to support you in any way we can <3

Hi Lavendercrandberry,

Moving on can be a difficult thing to do. You are human, and the your decision to reach out was human as well. It does happen to the best of us, so try not to be too hard on yourself. It is more just a part of your journey. I am proud of you for lasting two weeks, that in itself was a win. And if you could last two weeks once, then this means you have it in you to do this again, and then to last longer than 2 weeks. A part of moving on is finding that strength within ourselves to grieve and let go of something (a relationship) and someone, to go back to life without them, and to heal from the pain of our experience. This is extremely difficult. So try to be compassionate with yourself, and show yourself some grace throughout this process. :white_heart: