Calmer ear plugs and sensory overload

I decided to order some of these ear plugs since a lot of my anxiety revolves around everything stacking up and inevitably getting sensory overload. They are supposed to be delivered today. They’re also supposed to lessen the angst from eating noises for those of us with misophonia. I will update with any results, I know Im not the only one that deals with sounds and sensory overload.

5 Likes

I’m looking forward to how they go! I encouraged my sister in law to buy them to help her sleep and she loves them. She finds them comfortable

2 Likes

As much as I want to write a review for these, Im going to wait another day. I forgot to take my medicine this morning and I ended up getting frustrated with work and Kiera so I feel it wouldnt be a fair review.

I will say that when I first put them in, the change in how things sounded was immediate and made me dizzy for a brief moment.

I do have good things to say but will wait until Ive had a fair experience with them.

I suppose its time to finally offer my feedback on these.

Pros - greatly decreases triggering from eating sounds

Seems to ‘take the edge’ off of abrasive sounds

Works immediately

Discrete

Cons - this may just be me, but I have sensitive ear canals and having the plugs in for a long time starts to irritate my ear canal. I can’t imagine this would be the case for everyone as I have had this issue with other ear plugs and ear buds

Uncomfortable to wear with my work headset which has earmuff style design. It presses on the little pull tab and irritates my ear more. Again, this is situational so if you don’t need to wear a headset for work, this probably won’t apply to you.

As stated in an earlier post, the initial exposure to the ear plugs left me dizzy for a brief amount of time because the difference is so dramatic the 1st time you wear them. After that, the difference doesn’t feel that drastic.

2 Likes

Oh my gosh I totally understand what you mean with it getting irritating with earbuds in. I can’t wear those kinds of headphones or earplugs for too long because it aches as well.

If it weren’t for that, it sounds like they would be pretty effective!

1 Like

Definitely. -20 character limit-