Can someone please help me

Hi I’m really going through it with anxiety and depression but really it’s more of the anxiety. I keep having panic attacks, feeling extremely tired, body aches, ice pick headaches, can’t sleep, thoughts going wild, hot sensations, angry, irritable, feeling like meh, don’t want to be bothered, I am not enjoying anything anymore. Music makes me feel better just for a moment before anxiety starts to freak me out, I got to be careful not to listen to music that makes me all emotional and moody, I feel like I suck and there is so much I could be doing with my life. Please if any one has over come anxiety or who’s anxiety has gone from 100 down to 50 please let me know. My relationships are suffering, my job, me. The meds they are not working and it’s difficult to take them every single day and work. This is too hard. What do I need to do? I’ve tried cbd gummies, sleeping pills, valerian tea, chamomile tea, lavender oil, talking to a therapist, weed, yes weed I’m desperate, reading the Bible, praying, and meditation. So what ever else anyone have to suggest I’m all ears. I’ve been going through this really bad for the last 9 months. I can’t take anymore. My body is weak, I got these weird ice pick headaches, junk food cravings, constantly going to the bathroom, and I can’t remember a damn thing anymore. Thanks for allowing me to vent and for your help.

6 Likes

Hi,
With all the symptoms, I’d suggest a medical check up to eliminate physical causes.
All that we are is the result of what we have thought. It is founded on our thoughts. It is made up of our thoughts.
“Thinking” every waking hour is what humans do, but it’s what we’re thinking about that can be corrosive. Stay in the moment, don’t think of the future, and don’t think of the past. Think of what you’re doing, and if your mind keeps taking you to past and future, start breathing exercises. Deep breathing, very slowly, controlling your exhale. It helps, but it might be an idea to explore these feelings with someone professionally if you can.
I took a walk with my dogs one day, and while walking, I got had an anxiety attack. I had to grab onto a tree to keep from going to my knees. That was the start of a full on emotional crash. I didn’t know what was going on. My days, during this were filled with emotions. I cried non-stop, and would shake uncontrollably. In a moment of lucid thinking I called a psychiatrist, and began therapy. I had ignored me for too long, and finally on that walk, the real me came out. I think I’d become expert at denial, avoidance, evasion, and all other traits that helped me pretend I had it together. I don’t know if old wounds are coming up for you, but I am a firm believer in cause and effect. In my case, I was clueless when it hit, I didn’t know what was happening and it was frightening. Whatever the cause, give yourself space to explore and come to terms with it, so you can cope. Be gentle and compassionate with yourself as you struggle. This is not easy stuff, and being hard on yourself while you are in the struggle is not helpful. Keep reaching out. Peace

2 Likes

I don’t know if you’ve spoken to a professional before? It might help just to get ideas of maybe if medication can help or even just give you ideas of coping strategies.
I know anxiety can be a killer and so sickening and it sounds like for you it’s really stopped you enjoying a lot of things.
Just a reminder that dealing with anxiety and depression doesn’t mean you suck or are wasting your life. It’s damn hard to get through those spaces when they take over, so that in itself is a monumental effort. Thank you for doing everything you can to make it through and for being here to share that with us! Sharing your story can also help others in a way you may not realise.
Maybe small steps can help. Setting small achievable goals. For example maybe housework gets overwhelming for you. It certainly has for me, but small goals right? Well if you can clean this one thing then you’ve achieved something and tomorrow you can clean the next thing. Break up tasks with other things can also make it feel easier. Okay you’re going to do this but if work and then you’re going to go for a walk and listen to music then you can come back and do a little more.
I hope you can find a little bit of rest and comfort. Again super glad you’re here.

2 Likes

Hi!
I had similar symptoms and I’m diagnosed with clinical depression and panic disorder. Not nice, but therapy and right medication helps. You said you tried it already, even if you think it does not work, please do not give up on therapy! It takes time to work through your problems and this is different for all of us. So please keep seeing therapists and do proper physical assessment, hormones, vitamin D deficiency etc.
What helped me is to build a routine with physical activities and good nutritious food (I have big food problems as well). When I’m having panic attacks I start using breathing exercises and imaging that I’m in my happy place, helps to calm down and get back to normal. Also I found that yin yoga helps to deal with anxiety and helps me with sleeping. But again all of these is very individual and main thing is to start talking to professionals.
Remember you do not suck, you are important, valuable and loved!:heart:

3 Likes

Thank you for your kind words of encouragement and for sharing how you are coping. It’s time for me to find my happy place. I will take your advice and see how it works for me.

2 Likes

Thank you for responding and yes I seriously need to break up my tasks into smaller ones because I do get overwhelmed thinking about cleaning and God knows I need to do it. One step at a time, one day at a time. Thank again.

1 Like

All I can say is you are so right. I need to live in the now. Can hardly comment on your post because it hits so deep. All I can say is thank you for your kind, caring words and advice.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.