Can’t get control of my addiction

Im in a constant up and down with addiction. I’ll be doing fine one week but then the next I’m binging alcohol and drugs. I have bipolar as well so it just makes its all worse than it is already. My girlfriend is done with it and I don’t blame her, all the times I said I will fix this and I will change lasting only a few days maybe a week at a time. I need help bad. I want to get ahold of this and be happy and make my loved ones happy and not stressed trying to figure out if I’m okay or alive. I don’t have insurance so that’d be a little tough for therapy and medicine. If anyone has an recommendations on my first step that’d be great. This has been an ongoing problem for years.

1 Like

The only thing I can think of is throwing out all of the drugs and alcohol. You don’t have insurance, so it’s the only thing you can do.

as someone who has gone through recovery i understand the back and forth. its hard, you do so good then you fall back down. its rough. i get it.

i learned through my journey that recovery has to be done for you, with others. one has to be plugged in to others to help them. a person has to make the design to change, and people should be around that person to support them. no one ever did anything meaningful without some help from others.

i think getting plugged into an AA or NA would help or even a Celebrate Recovery. being plugged in helps

you are valued. you matter

love,

1 Like

hey friend,
I’m so sorry you’re dealing with this. I’m proud of you for opening up and talking about this! The thing about addiction and recovering from it is knowing that it’s a very tough journey, but it’s worth it and you are capable of overcoming it. I encourage you to check out BetterHelp, it’s an online therapy organization and it’s very affordable! Im pretty sure you don’t need insurance for it and HeartSupport has a partnership with them where your first week of therapy is free:) I also want to encourage you to check out the HeartSupport resource books that are available on the website! They are super helpful and may help encourage you:) I wanna remind you that you are going to be okay. It’s all going to work out, and you will get through this. Like @yourtherapist said, maybe the best thing for you to do right now is throw out all drugs and alcohol in your home and sort of cleanse, you know? I know that seems very hard to do, but it’s a big step in recovering. Or put it somewhere you know is a hard place to get to, if that makes sense. You are a strong, capable person and I’m very proud of you. We’re always here for you:)

There is a new method called RTT and apparently it is brilliant and worth a shot. Kicks fears and addictions. It has been created by Marisa Peer in England. Only one session can make you free and up to three maximum. I am going to try myself. It is Rapid Transformation Therapy