Chaos at school

Today’s been really rough.

My class and the one neighbouring us have always been more chaotic than the others at my school. At this point it’s starting to get serious, considering most of us are 13-14 years old now.

In just the following week, some of the boys in my class are punching the walls, throwing objects around and just being a menace to society in general. Despite having a serious conversation about this, they still haven’t learned shit.

And I’m starting to feel bad for the teachers and staff. Hell, the principle had to personally come into our classroom and tell us to quiet down (the building has two stories and you could hear the noise from the entrance…)

I honestly don’t know how I can even help in this situation, if there’s even something for me to do here. No matter how many times my head teacher tells the parents of these bastards to discipline their children , it doesn’t seem to have any effect at all. At it’s only getting worse with every year…

1 Like

Hey @Cora,

It’s great to see you <3 It’s totally understandable that you’d feel bad for the teachers and staff, and even helpless yourself. It’s easy to get dragged down by negativity. Focus on the things you can do in class, like staying focused on your work and being a good classmate to the students who are trying to learn. You can’t prevent the boys from being shitty, but by being an ally to those that are affected can definitely help. This ultimately falls on the shoulders of the teachers, principal, and parents. It’s great that you’re concerned, but you shouldn’t feel like you have to solve everything yourself.

I’d check out Fueling Young People to Change the World | DoSomething.org. It is a website with resources for teens who want to make a positive change in their communities. They might have some tips for dealing with classroom disruptions.

Hold fast, you’ve got this <3

1 Like

Hello Cora! I commend the fact that you are concerned about the well-being of your classmates and the other people that these misbehaved students are wreaking havoc on, it shows that you are a self-less and responsible teenager. However, it is important that you understand that you are not bearing this burden alone, I am pretty sure that some of your authority figures are doing all that they can to get this situation under control so that the school environment is bearable for the students like you who are actually trying to learn. However, when you are trapped in a chaotic school environment the best thing to do is focus on the positive things like enjoying the company of your friends, learning new things and becoming a part of an extracurricular activity that you are interested in. Most importantly Cora, remember to strip the good out of all bad experiences! Keep Being Self-less Cora!

1 Like

Hi @Cora,

Thanks for being here and for sharing your experience. I want to start off by saying how admirable it is that you care about your school’s dynamics and the well-being of your teachers. I can see why you are worried about the chaos, and it sounds like this could be very distracting to your learning and school day. The only advice I could give you is to try speaking to your principle one last time about your concerns. Past that, there is unfortunately not a lot that you can do besides focusing on the positive things and being a role model to the other students. By participating a lot in class, engaging with other students, and creating a good relationship with your teachers, you will set a really good example for the other kids in your class. Try to focus your attention on building relationships with your friends, trying new activities, and getting the most of what your school has to offer. You are so kind and caring. Never forget that. Sending love <3