COVID-19 Reflections - Various TW ⚠️

TW // COVID-19, Death & Others

Our world is full of lots of beauty. We have landmarks in our countries that capture us in awe every time we visit or see pictures of them. Yet in 2020-2023, a silent, deadly storm swept our shores the length and breadth of the globe. A storm that impacted so many of us, some still are deeply affected to this day.

Our future was quite literally stopped. Our hopes, dreams, visions and life as we knew it was to be turned upside down. Our worlds were now placed with uncertainty, fear and loss. Every person suffered personally because of the pandemic, we all travelled through uncharted waters.

Education, work and any volunteering work all became digital - our lives were lived through a computer screen for 3 years. Jobs became a thing of the passed, and world economy became non existent. Our lives were changed forever. Families said goodbye to loved ones through tablet screens and only immediate family

The mental health impact was huge, and many people turned fo online communities like HeartSupport. There was isolation, uncertainty and grief. There has been no time ever like it since Wartime days. Nobody will ever heel from the mental scars of COVID. They will remain with us forever.

I wanted to dedicate this post to those we have lost. Those who can’t share this journey with us anymore. Each life lost was a story left unfinished, multiple dreams shattered but most importantly, a soul forever missed. As much as this pandemic cost us our health, education, career, the human cost will never be compared. If you are reading this and you experienced the heartache of loosing a loved one, I want you to know that I am deeply sorry. Their memory will live on through the love they shared.

Covid may be a thing of the past, but for some, it’s still very real.

2 Likes

You worded it better than I could. The impact of COVID is beyond words. Your perspective is greatly appreciated and valued. I hope you are doing alright.

2 Likes

It’s definitely been a hard time for many people. Socially, mentally, physically and emotionally.
I know in various ways almost if not everyone has been affected to some degree or another, so sending out some good thoughts and love to others is a really lovely thing. It’s something that helps people feel less alone in the midst of it.

3 Likes

hey evilgenius,

thank you for sharing these thoughts and reflections on such a difficult time we have all experienced in some form. with all the love and support you give to many on this forum, i want to send that love and support to you as well. with your own personal experience with the pandemic, i hope your heart has found healing and peace with the hardships it brought us. sending you comfort and love, my friend. thank you for being here and giving us all an opportunity to reflect alongside you on these things.

love,
twix

2 Likes

Hello friend,

I appreciate you and your heart. Thank you for posting this, so others can read it and reflect on things and feel those emotions. Our generation has been forever changed, but I believe that it can be in good and bad ways. You are amazing. Thank you!

-StarFox :yellow_heart:

2 Likes