Daily anxiety struggle here big props to danielgai

This is a topic from INSTAGRAM. Reply as normal, and we will post it to the user on Instagram.

Belongs to: https://forum.heartsupport.com/t/53216
From 4nswer: Daily anxiety struggle here. Big props to @danielgailey, @phinehasband and for putting this out for people that go through the same things. They’ve got me through the toughest times. Love those dudes.

2 Likes

It’s pretty awesome how music can help us thru tough times. I’m happy to hear that they did this for you and I hope that your daily struggle with anxiety is more manageable because of it. You matter and deserve to live each day in peace.

1 Like

Anxiety is a bitch. This feeling that it brings as if you were constantly battling yourself, that you would need be vigilant and remember to seek perspective outside of the box of anxiety can be so exhausting. Especially when it’s not a temporary season in your life, but something that keeps occuring over and over. It feels like wasting so much time and energy against a force that tries to put you down and make you see the world through a very unsafe and scary lens. The past feels regretful, the future feels inherently frightening… it’s like no matter what you keep being stuck in a position you don’t want. It feels like missing out on the present joy and beauty available in your life, and that no matter the road taken, there’s always the shadow lingering and trying to possess you.

I struggle with anxiety too, and hate that you have to deal with this. They describe it so well in the video - this feeling of being completely overwhelmed by it at times, but also knowing that the foundation of caring for yourself is an active part of not letting anxiety take over your entire life… It’s so true. The bad days can be particularly tough to navigate, although the moment you give yourself grace, patience and care, it feels more manageable to navigate through the anxiety and the emotions it generates. A tough learning process… and such a strong one at the same time, the kind that sticks with you for a lifetime.

I also wholeheartedly rejoice with you about how much music has been a pillar of support to you. It’s incredible the magic that some bands and artists can produce through what they create. The relatability that goes beyond words, the possibility to feel and explore emotions that can be hidden behind the anxiety and overall stressors of life… Sometimes it feels like finally a space to be, to feel and exist beyond the struggles we face. So thankful that you feel that parts of what you experience at an individual level are reflected in their music, and even more that it brings you comfort during times when it is needed. Anxiety especially can make us feel like we’re all alone and that something in us is just not functioning… that we would be defective in some way while it feels like others around have it all together. Truly love that music, this band and this video can help contribute in reducing this sense of isolation, if not shame. Through all that you experience in your life, you deserve to have a voice and the possibility to connect with others in ways that bring hope and meaning. It’s easy to feel like drowning and losing sight of how valuable we are while navigating the realms of anxiety. Know my friend that you are so worthy, that you belong, and that the way you feel and deal with your anxiety daily matters very much. Hold fast. <3