Damn i am a 53 year old disabled guy who has been

This is a topic from YOUTUBE. Reply as normal, and we will post it to the user on YouTube.

Belongs to: Therapist scared to react to Slipknot - Psychosocial
Damn! I am a 53 year old disabled guy, who has been a die-hard Maggot for about a decade and a half. I battle major depressive disorder and anxiety BADLY. Were it not for my faith, my disabled daughter, and my wife, I am afraid to think about where I would be. Your analysis of this incredible so g made me look at it completely differently. As a former drummer, I used to get the most out of it by drumming with Joey (R.I.P.), Clown, and Chris. Your actual analysis of the song brought tears to my eyes, as it hit WAAAAY close to home.

I am blessed to have happened upon your channel. Thank you for what you do for those of us with mental health issues.

3 Likes

I’m a 36 year old disabled guy who also battles those conditions. Thank you for reaching out and sharing what you are feeling and going through, and the kind words about how helpful HS content has been for you so far. I have found something that helps me greatly is sharing the things I am going through, and not holding them in inside. So if you ever feel the need to share more, or have anything you would like to get out. We at HS are here! <3 Hope you can feel some relief to the things you are experiencing.

1 Like

Thank you for sharing all of this. It certainly helps to know that, somehow, we are not alone in the struggles we’re facing. Our journeys are unique, but they also make us walk through seasons and emotions that can be relatable. Personally, depression and anxiety have been a major component of my life for as long as I can remember, so my heart truly goes out to you as you face those challenges too.

It is such a powerful and destructive combination to have to navigate both at the same time. With depression on one side it feels like apathy and numbness takes over too often, while on the other side it feels like to ease the anxiety, rest and calm is needed. It seems to be about taking action but also not, doing but also not too much, feeling energized and out of fuel at the same time, out of life and craving it all at once… it feels like having to compose with multiple paradoxes all the time, that there isn’t any perfect fix or solution.

Over time, it also feels absolutely exhausting and draining to deal with the same hardships it brings into our life, day in day out. I imagine that there has been times when you must have felt like really hitting rock bottom and couldn’t see any way out. Of just waking up to the same sensations and dread without any positive perspective in sight. You may have even considered hurting yourself and ending it all out of a deep need for peace. These times are so very lonely to walk through… and it is just beautiful/strong/amazing that now you talk about it as you made through those dark moments.

Yes, it’s scary to even think about how life could have been without the people, places, memories, goals that act as anchors to us personally. Some people can really be like lifebelts thanks to the love, presence and life they add into our own life. Words are not enough to describe the strength and power of the bond that can unite people. I’m so thankful that your family has been such a powerful anchor for you! It speaks beautifully about the love you have for one another, and that is truly special. If it wasn’t for my partner, I wouldn’t be here anymore. There’s something about knowing firsthand that love is present that changes everything… and gives a big punch onto the lies that depression and anxiety can make us believe at times.

May you keep holding on to what grounds you, may you keep exploring life and things that bring JOY to your heart. Hold Fast, frend.

-Micro