Dance Gavin Dance Andrew Wells Discusses Feeling Alone and Isolated

This topic represents a Youtube video that was created by Heartsupport and where users are invited to open up about their mental health struggles.

• → You can’t reply on this post. If you want to comment, check out Heartsupport on Youtube instead! Replies posted here are from users who commented on Youtube.
  • → When a Youtube user is in need of support, topics are created for them in this forum category, where you can encourage them.

Andrew Wells of Dance Gavin Dance and Eidola sat down with us at HeartSupport Fest to talk about feeling alone, his past suicide attempt, and how he overcame his struggles.

1 Like

Thank you for always being so candid with your experiences and for sharing what you’ve learned on your mental health journey. You inspire me often!

Met him in 2018 and felt like I was shaking hands with someone I wanted to be. It’s always so humbling to find out people you admire struggle just like you do. Only serves to bolster the respect I already had for this dude.

Andrew, if you ever read this: your music, your words, and your art has brought so many people comfort and solace in their darkest times. You’re a genuine hero that I look up to. Thank you for being you and thank you for putting your story out there like this. :heart:

We want you to matter to you, Andrew :index_pointing_at_the_viewer:

Thank you Andrew, this is really good to see and will be helpful to a lot of people

Thank you for sharing this, Andrew. I know this message will save lives- that human connection to someone experiencing something similar, especially someone we look up to artistically, can’t be understated.
These things aren’t easy to discuss, but the more we talk about them the more we highlight just how common these feelings are, and the more we know about things the better equipped we are to make better choices
Rock on, much love

Thank you for sharing Andrew. You are a gem :heart:

Andrew is one of the most genuine dudes I’ve met. I’m proud of how far he’s come and the impact he’s been able to use his testimony to help others. Eidola is an amazing band.

Thank you Andrew <3 <3 <3

Andrew and I have met countless times at shows he’s truly an amazing human being and I’m glad he’s still here to grace the world with his amazing personality and massive talent!!!

I think a lot of people needed this, including myself and I am so thankful for what heart support does!

1 Like

I wish this had come out a month ago… I could’ve sent it to my brother before he passed. Glad to see someone so influential being open about their struggles.

1 Like

He summed everything up perfectly, I’m pleasantly surprised, and very glad he’s doing well!

1 Like

glad you stuck around andrew. keep stickin. around.

1 Like

Thank god for Andrew, and the music he’s been apart of. Without Dance Gavin Dance, and specifically some of the lyrics Andrew sings, I’d be in a much worse place. Familiar and relatable words being sang with heart and passion behind it, sometimes that’s all it takes to help someone, and this time, that’s all it took to help me.

1 Like

Related to everything he said. I’m so grateful Andrew has been so open in interviews and songwriting about his struggles. One of the most genuine souls in post-hardcore music today.

1 Like

I struggle with the same demons man, stay strong!

1 Like