Date Raped at 17 (Long Story)

I also loathe the way American Politics has become corrupted, Partisan and biased to the Party-Lines and Trump toe-licking and Political ladder-climbing for personal and monetary reasons, regardless of the impact on others and the Nation as a whole. However, from my somewhat limited and second or third-hand knowledge and experience, the Democrats are generally kinder, more compassionate and socially aware of U.S. Citizens needs, rights and concerns. I simply cannot stand Donald Trump, his lies and repeated misinformation propaganda that is simply Polarising the Right and Left-Wing Camps into Civil War or Civil Unrest on an unprecedented and scary scale. I am speaking as an intelligent and informed English man and political activist, by the way…

1 Like

Thank you. However, I do not understand your point, nor your reasoning about it. Can you please kindly explain in Everyday English in the context of mutual responsibility and accountability. BLAMING WOMEN OR MEN FOR INVITING ABUSE IS TOTALLY WRONG AND SHOULD BE EXPOSED AS FALSE LOGIC AND SIMPLY EXCUSING INAPPROPRIATE BEHAVIOUR AND WORDS TO BLAME THE VICTIMS, RATHER THAN HOLDING THE PERPETRATORS OF ABUSE, INTIMIDATION AND SEXUAL HARASSMENT TO ACCOUNT AND PUNISHMENT. THE POLICE AND COURTS REINFORCE THE BLAME GAME AND TURN VICTIMS INTO FALSE ACCUSERS AND WOMEN OR MEN WHO EFFECTIVELY “ASKED FOR IT” WHEN THEY NEARLY ALWAYS MOST CERTAINLY DID NOT!

I think blaming the victim is wrong. I also think that just because you are accused doesn’t mean that you are guilty. I think that the only reason to harm someone, including in court or at a congressional hearing, is to prevent more harm. I think healing is good. I think people deserve to know when they are right, even if it means facing their attackers in a way that destroys their attackers’ lives. I think forgiveness is better. I don’t think that a rape trial should have been attempted before Congress or put on the Internet. It wasn’t fair to anyone. Nobody got to be right. Nobody got the chance to be innocent. Somebody got to face who they remembered their attacker to be. Somebody got to fall apart and show off a neat journal. Later I hope somebody got healed because somebody else got to become a justice.

1 Like

I know her Legal Team and she is fine now. No grudges or regrets and forgives BK and his friend and fully accepted and respect his Appointment to the Senate. She said she just wants to move on in her life. She doesn’t want people hating or condemning BK for one ALLEGED drunken mistake many years ago. I totally admire her and love her attitude and courage! R.E.S.P.E.C.T. to a Lady of Humility and Honour, who can now walk freer and move on to other things, as BK can also do now: “Judge not, lest you also be judged by the same measure you use for others! Look to yourself and stop judging others’ apparent sins and mistakes in their own lives!” (New Testament, the Bible).

A virtuous woman is worth more than rubies.

Thanks for keeping this very important topic lively. Also, the way Christine Ford was treated after the whole ordeal still makes me sick to my stomach.

Thank you for your support. I am still very saddened and angered by it as well. But I’m learning to live with it each day. < 3

In my personal life experience I have met plenty of virtuous females, but not nearly enough virtuous men. I would also like to point out that virtuous in a religious context often means “chaste” or “virgin.” Although, this is not how I choose to define the term. Is there perhaps a Biblical reference you can think of that considers the effects of men’s behaviour and uses it as a way to assess their monetary worth as well?

Not if you are going to twist words, no.

If you are determined to be bitter, there is nothing anyone else can do to make you happy and I am not going to run afoul of the rules and the mods by trying. I do not verbally spar. Goodbye.