Dauterive Syndrome

From _gravius: Hi, I’m 19 (m). If you’re familiar with the show King of the Hill Bill Dauterive ( the guy who’s defeatist and washed out) seems to be the current tone of my life

2 Likes

Hey Gravius!

I hear you, and it’s tough when you can relate a TV character so much.

It’s important to remember that what’s seen on TV is fiction, and your life cannot be defined by a TV character. Put it this way, everybody feels defeated, broken and washed out from time to time. Sometimes the curveballs that life throws are just too heavy to dodge.

You are young! You have your entire life ahead of you. Though you might feel lost at the moment, you are capable of writing your own story, one that takes you from strength to strength. Take small steps, celebrate little victories, and be kind to yourself along the way. You’re not alone, and you have the power to shape your future into something brighter

Keep pushing forward, you got this! :people_hugging:

Hey Gravius, it’s good to see you here - although I’m sorry that life’s been so draining, still. Had to look up for a bit about the show and this character - it seems to be quite an interesting depiction of being completely worn out by life, not enough to be completely numb to it, but surely to feel all the exhaustion and drain it creates sometimes.

If you don’t mind me asking, how have been the last couple months for you since your last post? Are there things in your life that you’d identify as making you feel this defeated and washed out? If you’re willing to share of course, you are more than invited to do so. We may not be able to provide an instant solution that would help relieve the burden you’ve been feeling. But it can be nice to not carry it just on your own. :heart:

Hey Gravius, here’s a video reply I did to your post. I know King of the Hill and appreciate the metaphor you’re using here and can relate myself. I offer some thoughts that may at least be encouraging to you to know you’re not alone: Video reply: Dauterive Syndrome | Loom

From natetriesagain: <@1050852298999480341> Hey Gravius, here’s a video reply I did to your post. I know King of the Hill and appreciate the metaphor you’re using here and can relate myself. I offer some thoughts that may at least be encouraging to you to know you’re not alone: https://www.loom.com/share/595d5f4de91e4d598038939d9b4366a4