Day 12 (beginning)

Well for starting today was a little unsure about it.what to expect,the how to…and realizing to let go and experience the now and where I am not only proven my doubts to be wrong in some sense…I reached out today,felt the uncomfortable,and listened for once.with this help I’m receiving through A A ,and this platform has given me something to strive for…
I’m still fearful,racing thoughts that become a strategic ok…do this if this happens…or that if this happens…I think this is a issue I’m having.i tell my self to stop…I’m here now…focus on the now…with everything going on lately I think implementing things I haven’t before…talking different but still is this the new me??? Or am I trying to still convince others Ive changed???..

5 Likes

You are a work in progress, and you are fully embracing this reality, one day after another. It this the new you? Yes, partially - there is still so much of yourself that has yet to be discovered, and that’s an exciting journey! The most fulfilling you could ever have in this life. Be patient, be curious, keep asking yourself questions and journaling them. You are an observer of yourself, which is going to teach you a lot, and become a strength in the long run.

You may expect to want results immediately, to have the possibility to say “this is it, this is the new me!” and to shout it out to the rest of the world. This desire reflects your willingness to change, your need for something different, for peace. It will come in due time, and until then I hope you will remain as patient as possible throughout this process of growth, so you wouldn’t set yourself up for any kind of self-sabotage. Make sure your goals are realistic and achievable. You can move mountains! But one rock at a time.

You got this. :hrtlegolove:

4 Likes

this is so huge! It seems like you’re taking such big steps and making such big changes that have been positive to you and your mental health! I know sometimes it can feel like the new us may appear like just presenting a front, but I encourage you to embrace it. Changes for the better are never a flaw. I know sometimes it can get hard and I am so glad you have so much support to lean on when it does. I hope to hear more from you and more of your story! It’s so encouraging to everyone, even those lurking to see people who can come out the other side and I celebrate that for you! I’m so happy you’re here!

4 Likes

Hi Ryan!

So lovely to meet you, and so happy to read about your progress! There is so much to be proud of here, and you’re so brave to be approaching these new things with such vigor and energy! I’m so proud of you, friend! I hope tat you keep learning and growing, and progressing and attaining the goals you have for yourself. I’m honoured to meet you and be part of the cheering squad as you explore life in this new path! You matter! :smiley:

4 Likes

Hi Friend and welcome :slight_smile: It’s awesome that you’ve made the commitment to stop drinking. I’ve struggled with addiction most of my life, so you are an inspiration. I look at people like you and see hope in myself that I can put down the drugs and walk away from it some day. Thank you for being here and sharing your journey with us. ~Mystrose

4 Likes

Hey Ryan, Day 12 but day 2 of Discord and I am so grateful that you are here and so happy to have met you. When twix picked your post for swat 3 today it made me smile to think we could all welcome you in the best way we know how and let you know how proud we are of your last 12 days and what you have achieved. You have done even more than you think you have because you have also brought a little more light into my life and for that I am thankful. Good luck with action group and I cant wait to hear your updates. Much Love Lisalovesfeathers x

4 Likes

Hello Ryan,

I want you to know that I am very proud of you for taking the steps that you needed to take to focus on the now. Life definitely has its moments of being terrible & frustrating, but it can also be wonderful & beautiful. Take it one day at a time. Give yourself grace. Be kind to yourself.

I want to share with you one of my favorite quotes, even though it may be somewhat cheesy:

“Today you are you, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is you-er than you. Shout aloud, I am glad to be what I am. Thank goodness I’m not a ham, or a clam, or a dusty old jar of gooseberry jam. I am what I am, what a great thing to be. If I say so myself, happy everyday to me!”

― Dr. Seuss

You are important. You are valid. You are enough. You matter.

-StarFox :yellow_heart:

3 Likes

They Ryan, welcome to the community!

First off, I just want to say how glad and proud I am to hear of your great stride and achievements over the last few weeks. Finding support through multiple means and communities is such a great way to help keep you on the path that you want to be on. Kicking yourself out of your comfort zone to get where you want to go… that is motivation!

It is 1000% fine and normal to be fearful/hesitant when you are making such big changes! We’re hear to give you all the support and encouragement we can along the way, no matter what happens. Smooth sailing, or a bumpy ride, please, let us know how you’re doing. You got this, friend :hrtlovefist:

4 Likes

hi ryan,

thank you for sharing this update, my friend. your vulnerability is appreciated and i’m so thankful we have this heartsupport community here to feel comfortable to share these things with. your progress alongside your AA support, willingness to be uncomfortable in order to better yourself, living in the now, and listening more is incredible. it’s understandable to still be fearful through it all though. but you’re persevering and as a fellow heartsupport community member, i am genuinely proud of you for that. life is hard, it’s tough and scary and confusing. but you’re doing your best and will continue to find yourself through these key learning moments.

i’ll share with you a personal motivating word: amelioration. it means the act of making something better. i believe we are constantly bettering upon ourselves, even when we think we’re just sinking deeper. those low points, even the learning points, help us rise higher and higher each time we get up. so keep embodying amelioration and constantly strive towards bettering yourself and the world around us. you can do this, i have full faith in you, my friend!

love,
twix

3 Likes

Ryan, it’s so delightful to see you committing to this process. :heart: Your updates are so encouraging, please keep them coming! We’ll be here to help you through the hard times and cheer you through the good ones. No matter what, we’ve got you.

It’s great that you’re sharing your uncertainties with us. It can be so hard to admit when things are hard, but it’s just like you said yesterday – acceptance is key. Some days will be like that, but it’s nothing to fear. You are strong enough to make it through. Whenever you need to be reminded of that we’ll be right here for you. <3

I’m curious what you mean about convincing others that you’ve changed. It’s something that I can definitely resonate with, I feel like I’ve spoken those exact words before. I’ve felt that self doubt too. I just want you to know that we truly see you, we’re aware of how hard this effort is and how much it takes to fight. You’re doing such a great job. I think this ‘you’ has always been in there, waiting to be seen. I’m so glad you’re giving us the chance to see you. <3

Keep moving forward, friend! We’ll always be here. Sending love!

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 365 days. New replies are no longer allowed.