Dealing with assholes

Where is the line between: “They are an asshole” and “I’m being too sensitive” ? All too often I find myself getting a bit ticked off if someone says something slightly rude that they could have worded differently, and my mind instantly goes, welp you’re an asshole. But it also goes, alright maybe i’m just being a pushover and should let it slide. Just one of those things I’ve never been able to find an answer for.

2 Likes

If you’re asking yourself this question, it’s probably them. People lack a filter nowadays that relates to just common human decency. It’s a shame, really. I think you’re just fine, people just need to stop using “you’re too sensitive” as a rhetoric for their improper behavior!

1 Like

I think that line is really hard to distinguish for a lot of people… I have a coworker who is just absolutely oblivious to her own phrasing and comes off as HELLA rude a lot of the time. One day I pulled her aside and talked to her about it (that was UNCOMFORTABLE to do…) and she told me to call her out on it. I’ve done that a few times, and she adjusts her language usually right away and apologizes to whomever she was speaking usually. BUT - not everyone will admit to being an asshole with their words!! And on some things, I do hold my tongue thinking I’m just being overly sensitive. It’s a difficult thing to discern, for sure!! If you come up with a magic trick to figure it out, lemme know. :wink:

If you think someone is being rude then understand that they’re the ones with the problem not you!!

You are your own sanctuary and they’re in hell.
And then once you understand that you won’t take things so seriously.

As long as you have good friends to associate with you won’t feel like you’re in a cage full of monkeys.

Hope I helped :slight_smile: