Depression

I can’t take it no more I’m depressed for 4 years now and nothing helps me anymore :disappointed:

Hey friend, I’m sorry that you’ve been dealing with this for so long. I’ve been struggling with depression for years too and I know how draining it can be.
Have you tried looking into therapy? That could be a great thing for you along side looking through the workbook on depression that HeartSupport published called Dwarf Planet. You can buy it on amazon or find it on our website free if money is an issue! Keep putting one foot infront of the other, it will get better - it took me 12 years, but it’s finally improving! It will for you too <3

Hold Fast

Hi friend.

Depression can be a tough battle. That I can relate to. I have battled with depression through out my entire life.

It’s always been there, but I have found that there are ways to tame it. Though it took me a long time to figure out what that was. For a long time I sat in my depression and it let consume me because I felt so lost and alone in it, I didn’t know what else to do. Sleeping was easier than facing it.

My friend, I know that it doesn’t always feel like it, but there is a way to get through this depression. Sometimes it takes some extra steps on our part, but places like Heart Support are here to offer you encouragement along the way.

Something I do to help with my depression is create. I love working with acrylics and perlers. So I use my creative passions as an outlet. It doesn’t take my depression away. But it helps in keeping me busy and distracted for a while.

Some other things that I do to help is:

• Listen to upbeat music. Something happy and energetic. Or something really mind calming and relaxing. Try to find music that doesnt feed anger or sadness.

• Walking around shops or parks. I enjoy taking photos when Im out exploring. In my area we have some really cool parks. Plus we are on the coast.

• Youtube. Youtube has all kinds of resources to things I enjoy. Like painting tutorials. So at no cost to me, I am improving my painting. I also have a lot of people I enjoy following that help make me laugh and feel in a better mood.

• Volunteering. Volunteering is a great way to get yourself out there! Especially if you can do it in a place that you enjoy. Like a children’s museum or a pet shelter! Then not only can you be doing something you enjoy, you can be working around pets or children. Depending on what makes you feel better and being social with others. Even as someone who struggles with being social, I have found volunteering really helps me branch out.

• As Kayla mentioned above, Heart Support has a book called Dwarf Planet that is a guide and workbook through depression. I myself have a copy of this book and highly recommend it! I’ll provide the links for you.

• Amazon Link To Dwarf Planet

• Heart Support Store Link to Dwarf Planet

I’m 34 and it has taken me years to get ahold of it, but through therapy and medication I was able to get a hold. I no longer see a therapist or have medication as I dont have insurance, but I am still fighting strong. Heart Support has been a huge help. Everyone in this community has been so supportive. Things can get better my friend. I know it doesn’t always feel like it.

Do whatever you need to, to feel better. Whether its seeing a therapist, getting on some medication, hanging with friends or whatever. And we are here along the way.

Much love to you.

• Kitty
1 Like

Depression and cardiovascular disease square measure among the foremost disabling diseases we have a tendency to face. They are each terribly widespread among the overall population and infrequently occur at the same time within the same individual.
Heart failure will impact the way more than a person’s heart. It can affect many other aspects of a person’s life, including:

• Attitude and mood
  • Sense of certainty about the future
  • Confidence concerning one’s ability to satisfy the roles of a productive worker, mother, father, daughter, or son
  • Feelings of guilt about previous habits that might have increased the person’s heart attack risk
  • Embarrassment and self-doubt over diminished physical capabilities
    So always be aware of your depression because it also connected to heart health.
1 Like