Disconnected

Lately I’ve been feeling really disconnected from myself. Like I feel like I’m just floating along not really absorbing anything. Like I have good times, but they don’t feel genuine if that makes sense. I feel like I’m just kind of there. Not exactly an out of body experience, but like feeling as if I’m not fully there. I don’t feel like I’m creating real memories all that much. Like obviously I remember things, but they seem so far away not like they happened in like the last week. My energy levels have been insanely low, I’ve been in my head so much, and just in general have not been doing well. This type of low is new to me. I’ve never felt truly disconnected before and I don’t like it. I don’t know what to do about it honestly. I feel like talking it out vocally with someone who has experienced this before would be a good idea, but I don’t know how to bring it up to the person who I would talk to about it. They have their own mental health issues to deal with at the moment and I don’t want to overwhelm them. So, I came here to get it out of my head. I don’t know what to do. The disconnect doesn’t feel great. It really sucks if I’m being honest. I want to be present and aware in life, but it feels as if I’m physically unable to do that.

2 Likes

I hope you can find compassion for how disconnected and low you’re feeling :mending_heart:

I’m glad you decided to write about it! Sometimes expression can be part of what heals.

Identifying what’s causing you to feel so bad may be difficult and take time. However talking about it sounds like a great way to explore what’s going on and how to address it.

Do you think the person you have in mind would want to hear what’s going on, even if it might be also hard in the midst of their issues?

1 Like

Hi there FaeTheProud. So glad you posted with these feelings and thoughts of yours. I did a quick video to share my thoughts and offer support. Disconnected -- Response | Loom