Disowning my older siblings

In my earlier post I shared that I realized that I have a mental illness and what childhood trauma I endured. The perpetrator was my sister in law. She prayed on not only me but my brother also, her manipulation tactics were well planned and executed.
Looking back she had me isolated and hating my family but most of my brother.
She had me convince we were in a serious relationship and had my brother so confused and feeling very low about himself.

Fast forward many years I got the strength to explain to my brother what actually happened when everything came to light.
He had no idea the length of the abuse
She even convinced him to have a threesome with myself as the third.
After opening up about what happened he hugged me cries and apologized for not knowing what happened, I said it was ok and that he wouldn’t have know because how manipulative she is.
He promised that he would make it up to me and that he was going to talk to her.
Unfortunately she once again convinced him that I was partly to blame and that one of their daughters might be mi w which she told the girls.
He didn’t make it up to me and is living with the abuser that abused me.
I haven’t spoken to him and I have let me family know that he doesn’t exist
That I no longer have an oldest brother.
They are still the together.
The second bother I also told what happened and he said that if he had know he would have done something.He knows now, when I finished explaining what happened all he said was
“Well in better news” he is putting together a music video.
I found out that he asked his son who spent a lot of time with her if she had so w something to him, he said no and that was that, he did not do anything.
They the child me abandoned and forgotten.
I have another brother who takes care of my mom. They both support me to this day.

1 Like

Hi Friend,

Im so sorry you’ve been put in this situation. It takes immense strength to be able to communicate this situation to your family members as well as Heart Support. You are heard, and your feelings are valid. I hope you can lean on the family members that have chosen to support you in this tough time. This is incredibly difficult to deal with but I have no doubt in my mind that you will be able to continue on, as you have already showed us you’ve done. Sending love.

-SM

2 Likes

hey leugim_ren,
thank you so much for opening up here and letting this heartsupport community in to send you the love and support you deserve. from the abuse your sister-in-law has done to you to the treatment from your brother, you did the right thing of separating yourself from them. i know it must have been so hard but you made the right choice for yourself. the lies, drama, and manipulation is hard to endure as much as it is hard to heal from. i hope you can give yourself the patience and grace needed to recover from this concluded chapter of life to move forward to the next, brighter chapter. the emotional and physical toll that abuse can leave on us can be a lot so please do what you can to care for yourself.

i’m so thankful you have the support and love from your mom and your brother who cares for her. you are not alone. you are seen, heard, and incredibly valued. i believe in you with all i got!

love,
twix

1 Like

Thank you again for providing a safe place to share.