Distance fueled anxiety

I cant take it anymore…started a new realation in jan and cant stop being anxious about it not being the same having bad stress on the head and pressurised feeling on the chest…and other physical impacts of anxiety. All areas academic family are being affected. N fail to excell in those. Really can’t lose her but the social distancing is scarrry. Smallest overthinking and steps I think are followed by a contradiction almost always which ends in resistance or not take the step at all. The thoughts continue throughout the day. Should I not give someone such power over me? Parents keep on asking why’re u lost n sad…less now tho. Some reassurances from her would be great…anyhow I guess It’ll get better with time :(…i should be positive somehow

3 Likes

Oh man that is so hard! Yea, gosh. This quarantine is really hard because we can’t see the people we care about. Some people are really mentally distant due to depression and anxiety from the current global state. It’s a very stressful time so I can understand why you are feeling so anxious about it right now.

It can be easy to over think things. But I think it is good to try to distract yourself with some healthy things. To help steer away from over thinking something that is so out of your control right now.

Have you joined the Heart Support Discord?

It’s a good place to connect to other people. Whether to have someone who can understand and relate, or just have people to hang out with. There is a #realtalk channel there that can be used just like the wall where people often talk in. And you can keep track of when the Heart Support streams go live which if you haven’t already hung out in I encourage you to try <3

I’m sorry that things are so hard right now my friend. That’s really tough. Just know that your feelings are understandable and valid. Just try to find some things you can do and focus on so you’re not over stressing and over spinning on it. I know that I can sometimes let myself over think and then I spin on it for a long time. It doesn’t go well.

We care <3

hugs

2 Likes

Firstly - your feelings are valid, and from your parents’ POV maybe they just don’t quite understand that you’re deeply impacted by the isolation! Can you freely communicate with them? And I would say can you communicate with your partner as well that you’re feeling uncertain about some things? The isolation from stay-in-place and quarantine orders can be hard to cope with alone… can you reach out to a friend and do a video chat to talk through some things?

Second - welcome to heartsupport!

Third - it’s ok not to be positive all the time. Honesty with yourself is more important than forcing positivity, in my opinion!

3 Likes