Don’t know anymore

How does one get out of a cycle of using drugs to feel normal? I want to stop, and be able to wake up not feeling sick. I really want to be able to live my life like a normal person and not need to be high to get out of bed and eat breakfast or talk to my mom like a normal human being. I’m stuck in this vicious cycle of repetitiveness, and it’s eating me alive. It’s taken a toll on every aspect of my life. It legitimately feels Like i’m slowly drowning and there’s absolutely no hope. Anyone here ever able to stop using and actually be happy? i’d love to hear some Of your thoughts, i could use some guidance.

1 Like

Hey @BLEESH! Have you checked out local detox centers? They can definitely help you, and most insurance companies cover the cost. :slight_smile:

Drug addictions are almost always caused by deeper problems rooted in your past. The best thing you can do is start seeing a therapist. It will change your life. Talking with someone who has zero stake in your life is easy if you don’t let yourself freak out about it and will help you pinpoint your issues so you can work to fix them. Therapy isn’t cheap, but it is worth it. But don’t forget that is an ongoing process of coming to conclusions, not just a one or two and done. And it also requires work on your part as well. Nothing good comes easy, but it sure as hell is worth it.
Never give up, and kick life’s ass. Much love.

Hi @BLEESH

I could offer some extremely valuable insight. But I would need to know a ton of background info. I can start ripping off questions on this thread if you’d like. Or you can send me a PM, or vice versa, and we could go through the details on there. The reason I suggest a PM is because some of the information you may not want to openly share, granted, we are all family on here. Another reason is there’s a significant amount of questions I’d like to ask.

I really, really think that I could help you out and provide some insight, guidance, and a game plan to get you to where you want to be.

Its tough when you’re at that point when you’re taking whatever it is, just to basically feel normal. At my worst, I was using to keep my body physically able to perform daily tasks. It wasn’t about getting high anymore, it was about using the drugs I was on just to function.

The number one question that you need to ask yourself is, “Am I ready?” Sounds simple, but I remember thousands of times telling myself that I was ready and then #a couple hours later I’d be going to get high.

I really hope you take me up on my offer but regardless, I will pray for you. Keep fighting, you’ll get through this :heart:

2 Likes

Can you PM me? i’m not sure how to Send messages

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.