Emotional Health Tattoos

1 Like

Hey @RedDevilTN

I absolutely love these tattoos! Is there a story behind any of them?

1 Like

Yeah, the green ribbon is frayed, like most people with mental health issues feel like how they are seen by others, and even by themselves… and as you will tell, i love using Elipses… and the story means to slow down and think whats goin on through because more is to come, with them being at both ends, i symbolize the everything changes, and just like when “back then” was beginning to fade and pass, in order to become the present, so shall the “right now”, will pass and fade into th future…but i been thinking and im gonna end up putting 3 dashes at the top of the ribbon “. . . - - - . . .” Which is morse code for S.O.S. -Those of us are told , more often than not… that you can only save yourself, and you must want to change before you can save yourselves… but what actually works is when people are hurting so bad on the inside, that they are speaking in a information system or code that a lot of people dont see, or do see them and do nothing about. We should always be willing to help others up, even when we are straggling. A chain is only as strong the weakest link, but even the most beaten of chain links can serve its purpose as long as it is linked with others as a team. When one of those links decide to do it’s own thing, a when that chain breaks. Yes rust is contagious, but most of the time, if one link is rusty, they all are, and you wouldnt just oil and restore 1 link… sort of like if someone is sinking in quicksand… they are screaming for help, and the more they fight by themselves, the bad things just get worse, it isnt until someone throws a branch or rope to that person that they can be saved… noone wants to drown in quicksand intentionally, its too slow and scary of a ride…

To the next tattoo… the scissors/semicolon/Moth

Scissors can be a tool, or a weapon. The can be used at the beginning of art and work in order to create, but it can also be used to destroy, tear down, and change. If you notice, they are going through my skin, meaning a couple things. Im accident prone, in which ive had 8 or more bones broken in my life, died once if not twice, and just last year cut my index finger tip off not being safe with knives when camping. Scissora can also represent someone who isnt scared to cut things out of thei life, and sometimes that can hurt like hell, but is a needed thing that needed to happen for the best. Cut people that use u, drugs u use/used, bad habits… i lost my job 5 days after filing an OSHA complaint last fall, and it was the next day i cut my finger off. The MC i was part of, and i had a falling out due to difference in views and lack of brotherhood, 2 days after that, and im happy i began seeking therapy and help before was fired, because i was already at my point of breaking or snapping ,long before my employer terminating me, and i finally noticed, i was just trying to hold on to, save, or salvage multiple things that were not beneficial to me, including those i love dearly. After i got the outline done, i sorta looked at it, and i seen abstract butterfly wings in the design. I was the only one at home when my mom passed away a yr n half ago. She had a butterfly tattoo i put on her shoulder for my sister, and she loved butterflies. And when we put her ashes out where she wanted to Sept last year, a butterfly cam and clinged on to my dads shirt, and they were married for 40 years, and held on till death do us part. It really meant a lot. Well i thought, “how can i make a head?”… i was like… "the screw holding the scissors together can be the " . " and the " , " of head come togehter to make my " ; ". My parents weren’t really there much in my child hood, and i thought inreally wouldnt care about them, but by time my mom passed, we worked it out enough that i changed and actually cared.
… both Butterflies and Moths represent change… i said ok, what do I wanna do? … im more of a night owl anyways, so in dedication to my Mom, but representing myself, i chose a moth… a moth also lives in the dak, but always seeks out the light at the end of the tunnel and never stops chasing their dreams and purpose. I was gonna put a moon with it, or a candle, but i remembered, my “Super” Red Devil (my alter ego and nickname) logo had flames all around it… there is gonna be a lot more to come

Also, the Rose going through my elbow crease, is for my Grandmothers, but mainly for the one that raised me, but i was locked up for meth charges in 05, while she was terminal stage 4 pancreas cancer, and the last time i saw her was between a plate of glass… last time i spoke with her was on a jail phone. No wake, n when i got out for my 8 hr furlow, she was already in the ground. … ONE THING I NEVER HAVE DONE and very very proud of is : shot up, used needles, banged, or anything of that nature. I said I would not use meth ever again, but i failed that and relapsed in 2012 leading to me getting in trouble again. So i put that Peace rose, which was my grandmothers fav rose, through my left arm crease, and i at least know for a fact i will never recreationally use IV drugs, and that good for me, since i am very accident and Murphys Law prone and i will let a dr or nurse administer meds if absolutely needed. …

…

I also have a razor blade in my arm, which stands for my addictions, and remember its a form of self harm

I wear my heart on my sleeve, and girl turned it to glass/ice and shattered it, but it used to glow a red aura under blackligs2ht all around it, representing that the light was holding it together still, but has become a 3 chamber heart, and that means cold blooded…
In 09, A coldhearted bish, turned my heart cold and shattered it, and the Light(God/Jesus) is the only thing that held it together, but i was broken so bad, that it changed how i feel now

I also have the phrases on my forarms “Love the Game, Hate the Fame”… that can be interpreted so many ways its crazy, but to me, it stands for Enjoy, Perfect, and Love what you do, but stay humble, keep it classy, dont listen to what haters say. all people should know that seeking fame gets you seen, and most often seen and judged by others for all the reasons you did t want to be known for. If your a big famous drug dealer, its only a matter of time before your locked away in a prison and lose time, people, and relationships in your life,… if your a drug addict, your famous because all the people out there would rather make fun of you to make themselves feel better, and you put yourself in a prison in which you can lose everything including your life from,…if your a famous actor/actress, or musician you get blindsided by fans, hunted by stalkers, and constantly looked for by paparazzi, and the life puts you in a prison, in which you have no privacy and develop all the emotional and mental blocks needed just to have some alone time in your head, or find unhealthy ways to escape in plain sight… Fame is the summary of “heavy is the head of he who wears the crown” where as loving the
GAME, means you have enthusiasm, wish to grow, and taking pride in what you do and goals u accomplished.

Please share some of yalls tattoos!

And feel free to express what they mean to you!