EugeniaCooney Fan #225

Been feeling this way for months, I’m having a hard time making friends, I’m new to WA

1 Like

I’m sorry you’re feeling like this. It can be hard when moving to a new place, but sadly it can be part of life and we have to make the best of the situation. I’m not sure whether you’re in school or at work, but maybe you could try to connect with at least one of the people you’re around? I know it seems hard, but there are people who will be willing to talk to you and get to know you. You could also look around for groups or clubs that you can join. If you’re a Christian, you could find a church to become a part of. Those are a really good place to find people willing to help you settle.
People do care about you, but when we don’t have anyone we’ve known around us, it can be hard to believe that. Keep up with old contacts on social media/phone calls. You can still talk :slight_smile:
I don’t even know you and I care what happens to you. So does everyone here at HeartSupport. You’re not alone.

Hold Fast
Kayla

1 Like

I’ve always struggled making friends, so I can relate. I’m from WA. I’m curious to where about you are in the state. I no longer live there now but I miss it.
Getting yourself out there when you’re new to the area is really hard. But I hope that you are able to find the strength and courage to find places and things that you enjoy and meet new people that will be a positive in your life.
Know that we are here to offer support and encouragement as you need it. There is a great community here. So be sure to check out the Heart Support stream! They are such positive places and we’d love to get to know you and offer you love and understanding.
One day at a time my friend.

• Kitty
1 Like

It can be so tough to be in a new place and feel like you’ve got no one to talk to or befriend…makes you second guess the move or wish you hadn’t which only compounds the loneliness…I’m so glad you opened up here friend. I know that things will turn up and am glad that you are being vulnerable in the meantime.

2 Likes

you matter and you’re loved. Hold fast.

2 Likes

Thank you, I appreciate it :heart:

1 Like

Thank you, I’ve been thinking of moving back to Texas, but that means leaving my husband here, which isn’t fair. I’m so glad I found this community. Makes me feel less lonely :heart:

1 Like

Thank you, I’m currently working, been working for a few months now but haven’t had any luck connecting with my coworkers. They’re really nice people, just a lot older than me. As for church, I did find one I really like, haven’t been there too often but you’re right, I can meet people there, hopefully I connect with someone there :slightly_smiling_face: I guess I kinda lost hope cause the few girls I did meet all ghosted me and I tried looking for friends on other social media sites and no one seemed interested. But I’m gonna keep trying.

2 Likes

Being alone and new to a place is definitely a tough thing and quite scary! However, always know that there is someone out there who cares about you. What you wrote I CARED ABOUT IT! Know you’re not alone! WA is pretty chill and I do have faith in my state that there are nice people up there! I’m from WA :wink: so know there’s someone who cares about you in WA, I care! God bless you and praying for you

1 Like