EugeniaCooney Fan #230

I asked my boyfriend for help because I couldn’t sleep and I just received yelling and anger

1 Like

You don’t deserve to be yelled at for that, sleeping problems suck - i’m dealing with them myself at the moment.
Has he been like this with you before when you reached out? If not, it’s likely he was tired and just wanted to sleep and didn’t mean it. I think it would be an idea to talk to him in the morning and see what is going on, he may be dealing with stuff, he might feel really bad. Just be careful it doesn’t keep happening, because you deserve to be in a relationship that is supportive. <3

Hold Fast
Kayla

Hi, friend.

I’m sorry that when you tried to reach out you received nothing but yelling and anger. I don’t know your situation but you don’t deserve to be yelled at and treated like crap when you’re trying to ask for help.

It’s hard to know what to say without knowing the situation fully, but maybe you can pull your boyfriend aside when things are calm and just express calmly how you are feeling and what you need. And how his anger makes you feel.

If this something that happens regularly or he gets upset again, I’d consider maybe putting some boundaries up. Step back. Make sure you’re not trapping yourself in a toxic relationship or with someone who isn’t supportive.

I don’t know the context of the problem, so I don’t know. But I know sometimes we just need a calm mind and just calmly communicate. And sometimes that works.

Whatever your situation is, I hope you can find the resolve you need. Please don’t let that stop you from reaching out if you need help. And please don’t be afraid to reach out on the heart support forums more if you need a safe place to talk about what you are going through.

There is no judgement here. We will try our best to encourage you. You matter. What you are going through matters.

Hold fast friend

• Kitty