EugeniaCooney Fan #233

I got hospitalized because of trying to deal with sexuak assault myself and a suicide attempt and just felt completely worthless and like ill never be more than my body.

Hi there, beautiful soul. :two_hearts:

I’m really sorry to hear that you’re going through this difficult time right now. I’m also glad you are still here with us and you were able to share this message. It’s a proof of your inner strength and courage because it’s not an easy thing to share your vulnerability with someone else.

You are not alone and I’m sorry you had such traumatic moment in your life. I can relate to your feelings as I’ve been sexually assaulted too several years ago. I know it seems like the situation will never get better. But I can share this with you: the shame, the guilt, the anger, the pain you’re feeling right now will go away. It will be a hard work, I’m not going to lie, because the whole situation is unfair. But you will get better. It’s not meant to last forever. You may feel lost right now, having racing thoughts and feeling helpless but I promise you, honey, it will get better and it’s worth it. Hang on your mind to this because it’s true

The assault doesn’t defines who you are. It will never does. It doesn’t say anything about who you are. You didn’t deserve to be in this situation, never. And you are not only your body. You were not before the assault, you were not during it and you will not be in the future. You’re so much more than this. It’s absolutely normal to feel and think this way but you are so, so much more than just your body. You deserve love from others and self-love. In a totally respectful way.

I hope doctors and nurses in the hospital are doing great with you and taking care of you as you need too. Also you don’t have to deal with all of this stuff alone. You don’t have to be that strong and you have the absolute right to reach someone for support, friends, family and/or therapists. Please, don’t feel ashamed to ask for help.

You will get there, we believe in you and we are here for you. You will rise again. :two_hearts:

322243bfc0e6511688759f3e55c0dfed

1 Like

Hi friend. I’m so sorry for the trauma you have had to face and experience. I know that pain. I was sexually assaulted when I was just 15 and was sexually abused by both of my grandfathers.

It’s a pain that nobody should ever have to deal with.

A handful of months back my therapist recommended I go to the hospital for a while and allow myself to get care because I was feeling so suicidal and defeated. The hospital turned me down and wouldn’t accept me because I wasn’t actively trying to take my life. Just feeling suicidal wasn’t enough for them. I went home feeling worthless and defeated. I so understand those feelings. You are not alone.

I just want you to know that these experiences that we have had to face do NOT define us or our worth. We are more than our bodies and we deserve and are worth of love and respect.

It breaks my heart that someone else has had to face these hurts. You matter my friend. You are important. It took me a lot of years to move past my trauma and honestly I had to seek out a therapist a psychiatrist and treatment to work through it. Just know that it is okay to reach out for help. That does NOT making your worthless and isn’t anything to be ashamed of.

I hope you are able to find some healing my friend. You deserve to be able to live in confidence and comfort in your own body. It takes time but it can get better.

Just know that Heart Support is a safe place if you ever need it. We will embrace you and offer you as much love and support as we can.

If you need Heart Support has two books. One is a guide and work book through depression called DWARF PLANET and the other is called REWRITE which is a book and guidebook through self harm. Both can be found on amazon for purchase. Or if right now you simply cannot afford to, if you go to the Heart Support shop and look up these titles, they are there and available where they will send it to you anywhere in the world at not cost to you. Maybe these books can be of help to you. A lot of people here have them and work through them when they are hurting. And sometimes they even go through them on their live stream at twitch.tv/HeartSupport

We’d love to have you my friend. I hope it gets better. You matter

• Kitty
1 Like