EugeniaCooney Fan #54

I struggle with PTSD from being sexually assaulted

Hey Friend,

I want to say welcome to the Heart Support forums! You are welcome here, your life matters, and your story matters! I want you to know that I am so so glad that you reached out, and I’m so glad that you are alive! I’m so glad that you had the courage to reach out, because I’ll be honest sometimes that’s the hardest step to make!

Your life matters, and you are loved, and you are important! And I’m so glad that you are alive! This world wouldn’t be better without you! You were made in God’s image, and you have a purpose here!

I want you to know that I see you, and you are not alone my friend! I’ve struggled with PTSD from rape, and it’s not easy, and it’s painful, and it sucks, and it’s miserable. But you are not alone my friend. I am so sorry that you are going through this! I want you to know that healing takes time, and it’s okay to be hurt, and it’s okay to be angry, don’t let anyone tell you otherwise! I wish no other person ever had to go through this! I am praying for you my friend! Don’t give up, please keep holding on!

If you are currently not seeing a counselor/therapist, I really encourage you to seek finding one. I’ve had one in the past and it really helped me! Heart Support is partnered with Better Help, and they offer a one week free trial if you go to https://www.betterhelp.com/heartsupport I want you to know that you are loved, and you matter! I believe in you

Hold Fast, You’re Worth It!

Love Always,
Monkey

1 Like

Hi, friend. I’m sorry that you had to experience that. I can relate. When I was in high school, I was assaulted as well. I struggle with the PTSD as well. But, because I’m a guy, I had no one to turn to because no one believed me. It’s one of the hardest things to experience, but you will get through. You’ll be able to take this pain and turn it into a fire soon enough. You will come out stronger. Your attacker will forever be a coward, and you will have moments of pure strength and even happiness down the line. I know it’s hard now, but remember that you’re not a victim. You’re a survivor. That’s incredible. Hold Fast, friend. You’ll be okay. Things will get better. We love you. :heart: