EugeniaCooney Fan #95

My grandparents told me I was worthless because I was young and that I don’t know what I’m doing. And that I will get nowhere in life

1 Like

I can relate to this so much. I had a grandparent and family members who basically told me the same. That I was a mistake and prevented them from happiness. I was told that I don’t deserve the things that I have. My spiteful mother told me I get everything handed to me on a silver platter and if I didn’t have my significant other I’d just kill my self because I’m weak.

It’s true that I’m heavily reliant on others in a lot of ways, but I know deep down that I am not as worthless as some claim me to be.

I’m sorry that your own family is bringing you down and causing you so much hurt. Nobody should have to deal with that from anyone let alone family. You are more valued and important than your family implies. You ARE good enough.

Some of us move along in life at a different pace. Some of us need a little extra guidance and help and that’s okay too.

Don’t let the lies of these people break you my friend. You are deserving of love, compassion and kindness. You hold more worth than you know.

I hope it gets better.

• Kitty

Man its so hard to feel like the people you love look down on you or put you down. Im sorry to hear they did that :confused: i know in their hearts they love and believe in you…as do i. Hold fast friend

1 Like

Family can be rough, discouraging, and even unsupportive. I understand how you feel. My father is basically absent from my life and that was a hard thing to get over. But realizing that a persons true value is within - and it’s the good and the bad that shapes who we are as a person. Not having the support of family can really be mentally punishing, but taking the negative and harnessing it to help others can be a beacon of hope and really build the person who you’re meant to be. I’m sorry you have to go through this, and I hope you can find peace friend <3

1 Like

The hardest part of life is finding yourself. Try not to listen to anyone else besides yourself. Trust your decisions in life. You are meant to make mistakes