Exhausted from being exhausted

So this coming Wednesday will be 2 weeks since I torn my meniscus and have a ton of fluid on my knee I saw a surgeon last week and he said he couldn’t do the surgery because from the MRI its really bad and out of his range he did refer me to a follow surgeon that might be able to help but its really painful and very hard to do anything and I feel the longer the surgery takes to get done the worse it get . The injury happened at work and only 2 people have reached out to me one was my boss and once found out I couldn’t work stopped reaching out to me . I have tried to reach out to my so called friends and they have shown zero support its rough when if a friend was going through this I would be there in a heartbeat trying to help any way I could its rough when you are in a helpless situation and no one has your back makes you think if anyone would miss me if I was gone

5 Likes

Dear @Joegrizzly,

My heart goes out to you. What you are experiencing physically is a real pain. Some of my family members have experienced this type of surgery - for the knee as well - and the waiting before it was incredibly painful. I’m so sorry that you are experiencing this. I hope you manage to rest despite the pain, also that you won’t have to wait for too long anymore to finally get this surgery done.

It is also heartbreaking to hear that people didn’t really reach out to you. Although at least one person reached out not to just see if you could work, if I understand well? It may seem like it’s not a lot, but somehow it is already a kind gesture that can be appreciated. Unfortunately, work relationships are not necessarily firnedships - as we can see with the example of your boss who needed to know if you could work or not. I know it hurts though. For you, this physical pain is a huge part of your daily life right now, so it hurts to see that it doesn’t weigh much in the life of people you expected to care.

It is possible that your friends care but are not good at showing it. For example, I am personaly guilty of not reaching out enough to my sister while, in this world, she is one of the people I care about the most. I would be devastated if she was gone. But, I’m also not good at reaching out because I have my own struggles, and so many times it tends to disconnect me from the world around me, or make me feel like even typing a message is too hard. All of this to say - we never really knowwhat’s on the mind of someone unless we talk to them directly. Assuming what someone thinks about you can be very hurtful, and too many times oriented towards self-deprecation.

If you need the active support of your friends, then it is okay to reach out to them too. It’s okay to let them know how you feel andwhat are your current expectations. If acts of care and service are part of your love language, it may not be part of your friends. Sometimes we tend to take our friends for granted just because we are caught in the cycle of life, in our worries, in our responsibilities, etc. It doesn’t mean we don’t love or care for someone. It doesn’t mean we wouldn’t be devastated if the person was gone. Only that we might need to communicate more with the people we love. In any case, seeing what your friendships are made of and what is their status can only be done through communication. It’s okay to do so.

I hope with all my heart that you will feel better soon. Please know that we care about you here, no matter what. Nothing can change that. :hrtlegolove:

1 Like

I wish you a fast recovery, and I hope you are able to heal properly. May the healing light fill you up and make you feel whole again. I can promise you that you are important. You really matter to this world and the people in it. Try not to get discouraged and stay strong. You have all the tools inside you to get through this. I wish you well friend!

2 Likes

Hi Friend, thank you for your post. It sounds like you are having a really miserable time what with accident etc. Can I start by saying that one thing I have learned throughout my life is that the more you expect from anyone the more open you are to be let down! Now I don’t know if that is a good way to think or not but It kind of help me to keep centered and be too disappointed when I already have too much on my mind and you have a lot going on already with injury and pain, yes of course you would reach out because that is your nature, you sound very kind and caring and I do believe you would indeed be very missed for that reason. Joe please stay in touch and know that you have friends here now. You are valued and appreciated here. Much Love Lisa.x

1 Like

Hi Joegrizzly
I am sorry you have gone through so much. That friend was not really your friend in the first friend. You have gone through so much. I hope you can find a good doctor that will perform the surgery. Let me wish you all the luck I can. I hope things get better for you.

1 Like

Hi @Joegrizzly wanted to check and see how your knee was doing. Sounds pretty painful. Let us know how you are! ~Mystrose

2 Likes

Hello, Joegrizzly! Oof knee injuries are so painful and annoying. Are you trying to move on it and exercise the knee as much as you can? You’re right that the longer you go without doing anything the worst it will get but unless the doctor told you not to move it I suggest moving it as much as you can. It will help strengthen your knee and keep it from locking up and being in too much pain. At least in my experience. The longer you sit still the worse it is when you finally do move.

It happened at work did you report it and are getting worker’s comp? Because injuries that happen at work are definitely the boss’s responsibility to pay for your medical bills and whatnot. I know that isn’t your concern with your post but I wanted to make sure you keep that in mind if you haven’t

I’m sorry you feel like no one cares about you and are ignoring you and your injury. Have you tried reaching out to ask your friends for help? You may be surprised by the response you get when you ask for help. Regardless I want you to know that I care about you and I hope you get your surgery soon and you heal completely from your injury :hrtlegolove:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 365 days. New replies are no longer allowed.