Family problems

My aunt got evicted a day ago and moved in with us and her two kids its only been one day here and they are already screaming at each other my cousin already got kicked out in the cold once and she literally told them they are always the problem i told my uncle cause hes like my dad he actually cares about me me and my sister are alway neglected and ignored by our mom already so this just adds on to our problems our cousin’s never did anything wrong and she just yells at them anyway

3 Likes

Hi Victoria,

That sounds like a very tough situation to be in, your home should be somewhere you feel at peace and I am very sorry things are not that way at the moment. Family dynamics can be straining at times. I am proud of you for talking about how you’re feeling with your uncle, however. I think it is very important to let those emotions out and to have your concerns known. I truly hope that things get easier for you, your sister and your cousins. One thing I can say is that we may not always have the solutions, but we will always be here to listen to what you’re going through. As I mentioned, being able to share what is on your mind whether it be with your family, friends or us, can bring some relief, and you can count on us to be an outlet for you. I wish you the absolute best and I’m sending lots of love your way <3

2 Likes

Hi Victoria, I am so very sorry to hear about your aunt, that must be a very scary place to be (to get evicted esp with children alongside her. It is also a lot to take in to a household and it doesnt matter how much you love your visitors it is very hard to live alongside them 24/7 even as early on. Also the fact that you and your sister also felt neglected growing up, this brings up a whole multitude of extra struggles, I want you to know that here we will help to support you as much as you need it, day or night we are here for you. You are a loved and valued. Lisa

1 Like

Yeah its been a week since they have been here, not alot of yelling but it definitely does get bad sometimes ive been doing work again i dont feel so stressed all the time and ive kinda learned how to just appreciate small things like the other day i was outside looking at the stars and i just thought damn we are just on a floating rock in the middle of nowhere its crazy but overall in the middle of the day things do get bad, other than that my mom said she would support me in whatever i want to do a few days ago literally the next day i say i think i should go pro in gaming shes says you could design them instead i start to argue a bit and say no i actually want to go pro i love gaming and talking so if its fun why not then she decides to say well tell me when you start making money of tournaments, i really thought she would support my decision

1 Like

I’m glad to hear that you have been finding beauty in the little things! There will always be something to look towards when times get difficult, no matter how small it can be, and I find that practicing seeking those things out can be very helpful.
I can also understand that it is disappointing to be told by your mom that she will support you in terms of what you want to do, and then for that not to be the case when you do propose something. However, I think that if gaming makes you happy, and that you enjoy it, then you should stick to it! Being fond of what you do in life has got to be the most important thing, and if you have found something that brings you joy then I think riding it out and seeing where it takes you is a good idea. I do hope your mom comes around, but if she doesn’t, don’t let that stop you from pursuing your dreams!!

2 Likes

Keep following your dreams, friend, in a well-thought and prepared manner of course. Unfortunately pro-gaming is certainly misunderstood/not well-known enough in general, and like any other creative outlet most people would think of it as a hobby but not as a full job. It’s understandable that your mom would have reservations regarding this decision, but it may possible to help her learn what it really entails over time. If anything, you are allowed to try, to give yourself the chance you need at this activity, and to follow your dreams. Hopefully, your mom will understand progressively why it matters to you and will support you when seeing how happy it makes you. :heart:

1 Like