Back to heartsupport

Feeling lonely tonight

Hi there,
My name is Rene and I’m 28. I don’t really post here that often, but I’m feeling especially awful right now. I frequently experience depression and social anxiety. Usually I isolate myself when I’m feeling down, but I thought that I should at least post about it. I was triggered this time by a youtube video of a girl returning home from the army who surprised her brother at his baseball game. I cried. I cried not only because I was happy for them, but because I was sad for myself. To have someone miss you that much…is foreign to me. I just lay there afterwards paralyzed by sadness- unable to summon the willpower to get out of bed. I just kept thinking to myself “I wish I was never born.” I thought about playing the switch to distract myself, but I don’t even want to do that. Can’t bring myself to read the Bible on my nightstand either. Or pray. Sorry if this sounds super whiny. I think it might be helping me to cope a litte. That, or I’m just getting sleepy now… :yawning_face:

Anyway, ending my life is out of the question. I couldn’t bring myself to hurt others like that and I’m also curious to see what God may have planned (Jer 29:11). If you can relate at all, please leave a comment. Or maybe we can have a chat and be lonely together.

Goodnight~

P.s - please forgive my grammatical errors :upside_down_face: I’m not much of a writer. Obviously

2 Likes

Hi Rene

I had a relationship end this year and I end up triggered by anything involving couples or death (its really cut down on show watching). I know what you are saying about a moment on a screen sapping the day’s energy from you.

This is a community of people supporting each other because we may feel isolated, but its a good reminder that we’re not alone. I am glad you posted something instead of just keeping it inside. Sometimes it just helps to say something out loud (or type it) just to get it out of your head.

I hope a good nights sleep, a good stretch in the morning and breakfast helps you feel better about things, but reach out for support when you need it. What else are we here for except to help each other through this life thing.

2 Likes

Yup I still have times where I feel lonely and depressed sometimes. Especially that I have quarantine myself. Your not alone. I constantly isolate myself because I’m an introvert and I thrive on being myself but I still have those times where I want to talk or hang out with others. I also have times where I don’t feel like reading my bible or even pray as well. I feel you on that. However I learned that despite how I’m feeling, Jesus still loves me for who I am. Even when I don’t feel like talking to him, he is still there loving me because he can’t stop loving, its in his nature! It doesn’t matter what you or I will do for him but rather what we remember what he has done for us.

Hope this helps out :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like