Feeling sonder again

If you haven’t done the research by now, the definition of sonder is “the profound feeling of realizing that everyone, including strangers passing in the street, has a life as complex as one’s own, which they are constantly living despite one’s personal lack of awareness of it.”

And I’m starting to feel this a bit more often nowadays.

Whenever I’m left alone with my thoughts after a long day of school, I tend to think about what others might be doing. And I know it’s normal to get bored and message a familiar to chat, but in my case, it gets to the point of theorizing what they might be doing in this exact moment. I get the urge to contact someone to see how they’re doing, but I still have the subconscious fear that I might be bugging them if I do.

It gets to the point I’m questioning my very existence in this rapidly evolving society, where eventually, I have to get a job, pay the bills, and live on my own, out there in the wild world… But that’s a topic for another time. I mostly just reflect on how I’ve been robbed of all the basic emotional needs for a human child. Of basic empathy and patience, reassurance, stability and acceptance.

In short, life just hasn’t been the nicest to me.

And then I start to wonder… “What would life be like if none of this happened? If the incident that led to all of this 8 years ago… didn’t take place, and I had a normal childhood?”

I always wonder what it would be like if I was just… treated like an actual person. Not being bullied into isolation, not being socially outcasted, not being treated like I was a little kid. Not having to use this platform to vent my problems and crazy ramblings…

I sometimes wonder, if other universes were to exist, that somewhere, in a distant world, I was actually happy for once. I wonder how alternative version of me would react to seeing me like this.

Anyways, this has been another late night rambling from yours truly.
Hope you have a nice morning/day/evening. Never lose your persistence.

-Cora

3 Likes

Hey Cora! Um, I won’t lie, how you said you were treated like a little kid, I was the opposite. I was forced to mature at the age of, I really don’t know. I wouldn’t say I question my existence, but i question what’s the point of the existence of everything. I was kinda raised messed up also. I don’t wish it changed though. Well, I guess I do, I wonder how it would’ve been, if I would’ve actually matured better. My friends comment on, because I didn’t get a childhood, I do childish things like play tag or color or carry around a blanket (comfort item). I enjoy you’re rambling, it’s nice hearing what others go through, isn’t it?

Hey there, @Cora :people_hugging:

Can I just say first of all, it’s lovely to hear from you again! It’s always lovely to read your heartfelt posts and messages,

In this post, I truly do feel the weight of your emotions and thoughts. Dwelling into the depths of your own feelings and plucking up the courage to confront life’s complex nature takes a lot. You’re right to mention that the world is moving on at such a fast pace, sometimes only giving us moments to catch our breath. All the barrage of thoughts, and uncertainty about the fire is bound to make you feel overwhelmed. The concept of sonder, that profound realization of the depth and complexity of every individual’s life, can be both enlightening and daunting.

I think it’s important to note that everybody has some sort of issues going on in their life, and your fear of reaching. Out to others due to not wanting to feel like a burden will resonate deeply with so many. However, you don’t need to be needy to reach,out to someone, it can can also be an expression of genuine care and interest in their well-being. Trust in the connections you’ve cultivated, and don’t underestimate the impact your outreach may have on someone else’s day.

Thoughts are very similar to a labyrinth. Because of this, it’s only natural to wish you had taken different paths, or wished you had taken an alternative route towards reality. The longing for a different past, one where you were treated with kindness and understanding, is a testament to your resilience and strength. It’s important to acknowledge the pain of your experiences while also recognizing the power you hold to shape your own narrative moving forward.

While it may feel like life has dealt you a difficult hand, remember that your past does not define your future. You possess an inherent worth and value that cannot be diminished by the trials you’ve faced. Each challenge you overcome is a testament to your resilience and inner strength. Your journey may be unconventional, but it is uniquely yours, filled with potential and possibilities waiting to unfold.

As you contemplate the myriad of possibilities that exist within the vastness of the universe, hold onto the belief that happiness is not a distant dream but a tangible reality waiting to be embraced. The alternate versions of yourself that you envision are a testament to the infinite possibilities that lie within you. Cultivate compassion for yourself, recognizing that your journey is a testament to your strength and resilience.

In moments of doubt and uncertainty, remember that you are not alone. Reach out to those who offer support and understanding, and never underestimate the power of human connection to uplift and inspire. Your persistence in seeking hope amidst the darkness is a testament to your unwavering spirit. Keep faith in the journey ahead, for every step you take brings you closer to the light.

Wishing you peace and strength :star2:

With enormous love
EvilGenius :blue_heart:

1 Like