Final Court Case regarding my Stalker and Harasser

I have a Directions Hearing on Friday for my final Court Case against my Stalker and Harasser, who has stalked, harassed and defamed me on-and-off for over 5 1/2 years. They even indirectly got me punched in the face when I opened my own front door! They have just said they want to go to Trial, which is absolutely mad of them, because the evidence against them is damning and they’ve repeatedly Breached and Honour Judge’s Court Order.

Understandably, the whole situation has been getting me down, stressed out and depressed

3 Likes

Hi Champagne!

Thank you for sharing this! This definitely seems like a tough situation to be in, and stalkers/harassers can bring a lot of emotional trauma into our lives too. So, here’s my take on trial, if there is evidence damning them, then let’s do it! Their sentence will probably worse if they lose at trial. While trial is definitely stressful, the outcome may be better for you than a plea agreement. But it definitely seems like there is still a little bit of uncertainty in this situation and this sucks! Uncertainty sucks! Don’t be hard on yourself either, allow yourself to feel and try to look at yourself from a friend’s perspective. Be kind to yourself as you would be to a friend.
Wishing you the best!
Lisa

4 Likes

thank you, Lisa. i agree they are making their sentence worse. they have repeatedly breached a court order, so should get at last one year in prison, if not two; either way, i am going to insist on an indefinite court order.

3 Likes

I can update if anyone is interested

3 Likes

Hey Champagne, I’m so sorry you’ve been having to deal with a stalker. It’s bad enough when someone else’s behavior impacts your daily life negatively, but then to have it go so far as to need legal intervention is just another level of stress and anxiety. Not sure where you are located, but when I brought a case against my stalker, I was given the option to provide evidence and a written statement without having to face him in court as I was the victim in the case. I know the stress of having to deal with someone else putting you (and those around you) in danger, it sucks and really takes a toll. Please be sure you are doing plenty of self-care as you go through this process, and talk through the situation with a mental health professional if you are able - it can really help you process through your own feelings that you may be repressing in the face of immediate danger from this person (I know I was!!!). Much love and wishing you peace!

3 Likes

I can update if anyone is interested

I’d love to hear your update here, but at your own pace and the way you want. This is an important part of your life and it means a lot that you share about it. :hrtlegolove:

1 Like

A Committal Hearing has been set for mid-February. They are mad to go to Trial, as they’ve made multiple direct and indirect Breaches of the Court Order, including someone punching me in the face as I opened my own front door back in June.

Well… I’d be surprised if they didn’t got “mad” about going to a trial, as they behaved against a court order previously.
What matters though, how are you feeling about the perspective of this hearing in February?

1 Like

I am actually highly confident they will get a significant Prison Sentence this time, plus I have applied for both Costs and Damages too

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.