Finding new employment and housing

1. Identify a personal goal that you would like to reach. What are the changes you want to create in your life?
    Example: “I want to take action in recovering from my alcohol addiction.”; “I want to create a healthy sleep routine.”

My goal is finding new employment and new housing before the end of the year.

1. Formulate your goal in a way that is specific and measurable. What does it look like when you’ve succeeded?
    Example: “I will reach my goal when I will hit 6 full months of sobriety”, “I want to be able to sleep 7hrs/week for at least 4 nights/week”.

I will reach my goal when I have actually found the new employment and housing before the end of the year.
The job will have to be at least 32 hours per week, if not I will have to combine 2 jobs.
The housing has to be in the social renting, because that way there is more social security with a rent committee and the rules the landlord/renting company has to follow.

1. When do you want it to be done by? Make sure to define a healthy and realistic time line.
    Example: “In eight months, by 12/18/23.”

I want it to be done by December 31st 2023

1 Like

Steps that I’m currently taking or have already taken:

• moving back with my parents to make sure that I only have 1 of the 2 goals to MAINLY focus on
  • making a spreadsheet with the jobs I’m interested in/am eligible for. This spreadsheet states what the job is, how much the payment is, where it is, how many hours, how long for, and until when I can respond

Steps I should take within the next week:

• See if I can get a letter of recommendation
  • Update my CV

Hey friend!
I like how you are able to focus your efforts on one part at a time. I also like organizing things in spreadsheets. You are set up for success.
I can’t wait to see your progress!

1 Like

So… my landlord cut my wifi… while i still live there and it can’t be fixed… so now i need to go into public spaces for wifi… and looking for jobs out in public… honestly… i’m terrified…

That is a rough situation. I hope that you can get consistent internet soon in a comfortable environment. I don’t know what resources you have nearby, but libraries and employment centers have been good places for me to work on my job search when I get out of the house.

Hey Nyn, how is it going for you? Do you manage to keep focused on your goals for your job and housing search? (Note: it’s okay if not! Just checking in for some updates :)).

I’ve gotten many rejections so far. This week is mostly focused on my “moving to the parents” part. Rn I’m just a bit rough, because depression sucks… I hope I can give a better update soon. Sorry I didn’t update before…

I hope that your move goes smoothly! It is hard to feel like something is going to work out when you keep finding so many closed doors. There is still time to find your next opportunity for a gainful and fulfilling employment. I believe in you!

2 Likes