For the first time this year i was able to afford

This is a topic from INSTAGRAM. Reply as normal, and we will post it to the user on Instagram.

Belongs to: https://forum.heartsupport.com/t/34080
For the first time this year I was able to afford therapy as an adult. I’m pretty stubborn, and it was hard to think that my issues were something worth talking about when others struggle so much more. But I went anyways. It’s really refreshing to see this new generation of all genders say it’s okay to get help. Wishing the best to you, Ricky.

1 Like

Wow, what a beautiful sign of personal growth there! It’s so hard to come from feeling like you can’t talk about your issues and ask for help, to actually doing it regardless of those lies that your mind tried to convince you of. To me personally, going to therapy has been a back and forth process at first - sometimes the thought my problems were not worth being discussed would take over everything else. I would feel very down and take the resolution of setting an appointment, then the day after I would start convincing myself that it was not “that bad”. There was a part of fear and denial at play there, but I wasn’t ready to see it yet.

It’s challenging to move beyond this kind of personal resistance, but you have proven to yourself that it was worth it to not take those thoughts for granted, and gave yourself the opportunity to experience something that could reverse them completely. So thankful you’ve been giving yourself this chance. You got this!

Hey!

I’m genuinely touched to hear about your journey towards therapy. It takes incredible strength to acknowledge that you deserve support, even when comparing your struggles to others. Your decision to seek therapy is a powerful step towards self-care and growth. It’s heartwarming to witness the shift in societal attitudes towards mental health, with all genders embracing the importance of seeking help. Remember, your well-being is precious, and you absolutely deserve this opportunity for healing and self-discovery. Embrace this new chapter with an open heart, and know that there’s a community cheering you on every step of the way! :two_hearts:

1 Like