From-ayee-jess-i-felt-like-the-biggest-failure-whe

This is a topic from INSTAGRAM. Reply as normal, and we will post it to the user on Instagram.

Belongs to: https://forum.heartsupport.com/t/38734
From ayee_jess: I felt like the biggest failure when I relapsed & the time & energy you put in was all wasted but it’s part of the recovery process. I thought I was never going to stop drinking until I found a hobby I love. The hardest part for me was dealing with my emotions sober so I had to change my mindset in order to better myself. Yes some days are hard but I have to remind myself of the bigger picture & set goals for myself but I’m in a happier space than I was 3 months ago :black_heart:

2 Likes

Super proud of you, ayee_jess. For every step you’ve been taking for your sobriety, your recovery and overall well-being. Yes relapses are growing pains throughout this process - a tough way to learn that things are not going to change instantly, but through back and forth movements during which you keep learning… about yourself, about recovery, about your needs, your emotions… it’s a real journey towards self-discovery, without the layers of numbing yourself. It’s raw, deep, it hurts so much at times, but it’s also such a brave and beautiful act of self-love but to work on your recovery. You are worth all of these steps and efforts taken. Your well-being in itself is so important, and no one should ever have to live in fear of themselves, of what they feel. So thankful you are in a happier space. The journey is messy and full of unexpected obstacles, but you are building strength, resilience, and you are meeting yourself at levels where true love and care can be given to you. I hope you take some time to celebrate or even just acknowledge each milestone along the way, because these are so significant! Thank you for sharing about your story here and being your vulnerable self – I have no doubt that anyone reading your words will feel inspired. Wishing you all the best. You got this. You can and are a strong ally to yourself. <3