From mostlyjoshin i recently left my job to pursue

This is a topic from INSTAGRAM. Reply as normal, and we will post it to the user on Instagram.

Belongs to: https://forum.heartsupport.com/t/41426
From mostlyjoshin: I recently left my job to pursue being a small business owner. I didn’t realize it was a loss and didn’t think it was that big of a deal until my therapist told me to view it as one :sweat_smile: It’s an exciting new opportunity but there have been a lot of struggles and unforseen obstacles along the way.

1 Like

Hey Mostlyjoshin, kuddos to you for TRYING, as it’s through taking risks that we gain the practical experience that we need in our life. It sounds like when you made that decision, you were really motivated by pursuing a dream, and it’s a very noble pursuit but to move towards thing that ignite a strong spark in your heart. It makes sense though that now that you’ve been diving deep into the practicality of this life transition, you’re also encountering obstacles and realize that this is, in itself, a moving process that implies to mourn what was before. The circumstances are different, and you are setting the tone for it. I hope that, through this season of your life, you keep some healthy outlook on why you’ve been doing this, and what you are learning from it. When there’s obstacles I didn’t foresse following a decision, I try as I can now to see it as a learning opportunity rather than a personal failure. Somehow, the worst we can do when it’s about our dreams is to not try, and therefore sabotage ourselves endlessly. It takes a lot of courage to do what you did, and I hope you will see through the current obstacles, and feel settled in your new career path in the near future. I’m glad you cfan reach out to your therapist about this, as it’s surely the kind of transition that comes with its share of stressors and fears. Wishing you all the best moving forward, friend. I believe in you!

Hey there!

Congratulations on taking the bold step to pursue your dream of becoming a small business owner! It’s a significant decision and an exciting new opportunity, and I’m genuinely thrilled for you.

It’s entirely normal to underestimate the emotional impact of such a change, especially when you’re focused on the excitement of a new venture. Your therapist’s perspective is valuable because they can help you navigate the emotional aspects that might arise during this transition.

It’s important to acknowledge that pursuing your own business can come with its fair share of challenges and unexpected obstacles. It’s all part of the journey, and even though it can be tough at times, it’s a testament to your resilience and determination.

Remember, you’re not alone in facing these challenges, and there are resources and support available to help you along the way. If you ever want to share more about your experiences, discuss any specific hurdles, or just need someone to talk to, we’re here to listen and support you. Your entrepreneurial journey is a remarkable adventure, and I’m rooting for your success!

Hopefully this is of some comfort to you! 🫶🏻