From ryan-tgg i m coping with the loss of almost e

This is a topic from INSTAGRAM. Reply as normal, and we will post it to the user on Instagram.

Belongs to: https://forum.heartsupport.com/t/41426
From ryan_tgg: I’m coping with the loss of almost every single connection I have within my family, mainly over their greed and deception. While those said family members are shmearing my name and character by twisting the story in their narrative, making me the enemy. In doing so, my single mother, two siblings, and myself lost our house, her job/business, and her vehicle in the same month, forcing us all to become homeless and separated. My mother still lives in squalor in a dilapidated, vacant building in the most dangerous parts of North Saint Louis. That’s the tip of the iceberg. I’m losing hope in my family ever reconnecting. The only family member I had that was helping out and believed in me unfortuneatly overdosed on fentanyl last Thanksgiving. I’ve lost my mother because she is not the same person because of all of this and has developed serious mental health issues and is in complete denial. I’m just at a loss.

2 Likes

@ryan_tgg wow friend this sounds so painful. Loss on so many levels- betrayal, death, your home, loss of your mothers identity. I imagine this all feels really overwhelming. Like how do I even begin to navigate this? Where do I start and what do I next? If you’re facing these questions I hope you can give yourself grace and patience as you navigate all of this one step at a time. I’m grateful that you started here by sharing. Reaching out is often the first step to navigating rough situations. I hope you’ll continue to reach out and find support. Sending so much love - taylor

2 Likes

Hi friend - I’m sorry to hear about the incredibly difficult and painful situation you’re going through. It’s clear that you’ve faced numerous challenges, and it’s completely understandable to feel lost and overwhelmed. Please remember that you’re not alone, and there are people who care about you and want to support you. Keep your strength, and remember that brighter days can come, even in the toughest times :heart:

2 Likes

I’m really sorry that you’ve had to endure so much suffering. Keep in mind, before you can help anyone else, you need to ensure your own well-being. I have no idea what services are available in your area. If there are shelters, even if you don’t want to stay in one, you may be able to obtain assistance from a shelter social worker.

When your circumstances are stable, it should be easier to reach out to your family.

Please stay in touch.

So hard to lose so many people and places in such a very short amount of time. It’s like your mind doesn’t even have the time to catch up - everything happens too fast and is not something you would have imagined having to deal with. It feels like your world has been completely wiped away and you are left alone, forced to pick up the pieces and to try to do something with it. You’ve seen one by one things and people that have been taken away from you, as if there was an unstoppable force that was just constantly working against you and the people you love. It must have been so heartbreaking to mourn all these losses, to process the now distance with your family, and to know that all of this stemmed from conflicts, incomprehension and rejection. It’s like witnessing a war at play but being completed of weapons, not having the possibility to defend yourself and protect the ones you love… that’s so brutal. My heart goes out to you as you process what happened and look forward to identifying your next step. I can only imagine how it must feel like carrying the world on your shoulders right now while feeling completely exhausted already. It makes completely sense to feel lost right now and to feel like wandering into the unknown. There is a road ahead that is completely new, that feels overwhelming too. You will get through this, friend, one step at a time. And until then, know you have a community standing with you, and that you can rely on whenever you need through this process.