General tips and tricks to feel a bit better

Hello everyone,

I wanted to share some tips and strategies that might help improve your well-being if you’re going through a challenging time. These are general suggestions, so they may not apply universally, but I hope each of you can find something valuable here!

If you’re not feeling well,

1. Identify your current needs and surround yourself with individuals who can satisfy these needs :microscope:: it’s normal for a single individual not to fulfill all these needs, so building a network of individuals who can collectively contribute to meeting them can be helpful
  • Do you need tangible support, such as assistance with daily tasks or financial help?
  • Do you need appraisal support to recognize your value and strengths?
  • Do you need emotional support, someone to validate your feelings and listen to you?
  • Do you need informational support, guidance on practical matters like improving your sleep schedule?

2. Find meaning in the situation :thinking::

• Help others.
  • Be proactive and focus on things within your control.
  • Identify your goals and take actionable steps towards them.
  • Look for opportunities to discover who you are and prioritize your needs.

3. Enhance your well-being :zzz::

• Take care of your body through proper sleep and nutrition.
  • Practice relaxation techniques, such as yoga or meditation.
  • Face your problems rather than avoiding them and work towards finding solutions.

4. Improve your thoughts :brain::

• Maintain perspective by identifying irrational thoughts and changing your interpretation of them.
  • Accept change; embrace the opportunities it brings.
  • Cultivate hope; define your future goals and take actionable steps toward them.
  • Learn from the past; leverage your strengths and experiences to navigate challenges.

5. Be kind to yourself :heavy_heart_exclamation::

• Going through a hard time, is hard. Give yourself time and patience, listen to yourself and be kind to yourself.

And I know this long list can be overwhelming. Considering selecting one trick you want to start applying in your life, and come back to this list whenever you feel like adding another one.

With kindness,

Salma

3 Likes

Just saw this now!! Thank you for sharing these tips, @Sbenm! Love how you broke down the types of needs. It makes sense and feels less overwhelming to approach the big (and intimidating) question “what do I need now?”, by separating things into categories. Feels more relatable and approachable. :hrtlegolove:

1 Like